1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150 series roof rail

Discussion in '150-Series Toyotas' started by tunin, Dec 7, 2017.

1. tunin

tunin

hi guys, my car came with loads of options, the two things that were missing are tow hitch that I ended up getting and theroof rail. I like the stock rail as I have a set of cross bars and an original atoyota roof box. I don’t use it much but I like the idea that I have it if I need it,

My question is, do the stock rails from a 120 series fit the 150 series. I found a set for the 120 series I am debating if I should risk it...

2. SoCal FZJ80

SoCal FZJ80 Discovering Life's Path

Media:
    Albums:
  3. Jacket

Jacket Moderator

I don't think the dimensions are the same for 120 vs 150. I thought I researched that when I was going through this same issue, but I can't find any specific data in my notes.
    I ended up doing this:
    GX 460 Roof Rails Upgrade - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

It's my wife's ride and we wanted it "stock-like", so getting the Prado rails ended up giving me what I needed. They are basically the same as the 120 and 100 series rails in design, and mount right up to the GX mount points. Not cheap, but it's worked well for getting a more functional roof mount option.

4. tunin

tunin

Thank you, I like this but it is just not for my 150 series, I have a BJ 42 and I ahve loads of the roof and back additions for it...
    Thank you for this, this is exactly what I am looking for, stock rails... they have loads of these in AU, people take them off to put advanced systems on to the roof, I wish someone would seel and ship me one... ;)

5. TXLX100

TXLX100 Supporting Vendor

If anyone has the info or gets the chance, could you take a picture of the threaded holes in the roof of the GX460 and how far apart the holes are? I'm interested in coming up with a mounting foot, but I have no idea what I have to work with.

tunin likes this.
  6. Jacket

Jacket Moderator

The thread I linked above has a couple of pictures. I don't have exact measurements though.

TXLX100 likes this.
  7. TXLX100

TXLX100 Supporting Vendor

Great thank you. Awesome, it looks very similar to the hole setup on 4th gen / GX 470 roofs. Should be fairly easy to integrate an aftermarket roof channel tower.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">