14er Fest in Buena Vista, Sept 29 to October 1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Free event in Buena Vista, celebrating the mountains and all kinds of activities therein--see website for details:

14er Fest

Myself and a few others from trailsoffroad will be leading 4x4 trips on Saturday and Sunday. There are also hikes, mountain bike trips, etc. Oh, and adult beverages!

14er Fest was pretty good--the weather was crappy/unexpectedly cold and wet, but things went great.

I drove down on Friday afternoon, and they had 30+ vehicles in the "show and shine". We set up our trailsoffroad OZtent and display table right on main street with the other vendors/exhibitors. Next to us was Colorado Off-Road Enterprirse (CORE) and the Mile-Hi Jeep Club, then On The Trail Training (Matt Balasz, same guy I met at Expedition:Colorado's Expo back in June), and Colorado Off-road Search and Rescue, and Chaffee County Search and Rescue.

Saturday I went on a trail ride to Natural Bridge, with five or six Jeeps and a Tacoma. We hiked to the bridge/arch and then returned to town. Restaurants were all running specials for the event, so it was lively. The beer garden was popular, with set-ups from Elevation Brewing, Soulcraft, and a couple of others, plus live music acts.

Sunday was a 30k (running) race, more hiking and bike events, and I led a trail ride on Aspen Ridge with six or seven Jeeps, a 4Runner and a couple of Tacoma's plus one KTM bike. We had a blast, stopped to make lunch on the Ridge, and then down into Salida. Trailsoffroad led seven trips in all, Natural Bridge, Aspen Ridge, Pomeroy, Hancock, and I cannot remember the others (I just did the two mentioned).

Already planning for next year to add some overnight rides/overland style routes.

2006-01-01 12.01.56-1.jpg

2006-01-01 12.07.04.jpg

2006-01-01 12.26.11.jpg

2006-01-01 13.19.26.jpg

2006-01-01 13.19.40.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great time!! Maybe next fall we can get CLC folks up there too!

Yes, there was good representation from the Toyota community--I saw a few 40's, and few 60's, and a few 80's and 100's. Lots of Tacomas and 4Runners! Ige Gustavson @nuclearlemon was there in her 80, Fat Bastard, riding tail-gun for some trail rides sponsored by trailsoffroad. Put it on the annual calendar as an 'alternate' event, maybe? Here's an article I wrote about it.

14er Fest 2017 in Buena Vista, Colorado – Trails Offroad – Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom