13BT glowscreen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I bought this hj61, runs great once it warms up. It's right around freezing here in the morning. Preheat light does not come on at start up. Smokes like crazy at start up. I know there's no air in the fuel system. I read the previous service records and the previous owner hooked the batteries up backwards and fried a bunch of stuff. Latter service records say that the truck starts hard in the morning. I think he fried something somewhere. I changed out the fuse able link by the battery, but still no preheat light. Truck runs awesome otherwise. i tried unplugging the thermostat to trick it into heating like you guys said, still no preheat light. If it was just a bulb, the truck would have still started smooth, if it wat the actual screen I would think the bulb would still light up. Is there a relay I need to replace? Or can I just bypass the whole thing and put my heater on a switch like I do with my glow plug style cruisers. I like to take my trucks to places where there is no electricity so sometimes plugging it in isn't always an option for me.

I figured that was the case, but someone watching this thread must know something about it since it works off the same concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom