12H-T: Are pistons and piston rings with +1.00 mm diameter available in good quality? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I had to completely disassemble my 12H-T because the top piston ring groove on all six pistons was flared (ring on piston #3 even broke). Pistons in the first oversize (+0.50 mm) are already installed in the engine. Since the cylinder No. 3 has some deep grooves due to the broken piston ring, I cannot install new pistons with the same dimension as before, even if the cross grinding on all Zylinders is still very good.
Since Toyota offers only one oversize (+0,50 mm), I have two possibilities:
1. I install cylinder sleeves, but this means additional costs for the sleeves as well as for the work of inserting the sleeves.
2. There should also be aftermarket pistons and piston rings for the 12H-T with a further oversize of +1.00 mm. With these, I would simply need to have the cylinders further bored and would not need to insert cylinder sleeves.
Unfortunately, I have not yet found a supplier for pistons and piston rings with an oversize of +1.00 mm. Does anyone here know an appropriate supplier? Maybe one of the members also has experience with the quality of these pistons and piston rings and can say something about it.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards
Florian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom