11B / 13B Dyna Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bsweaty

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.bsweaty.com
There is a pretty sweet 1993 Toyota Dyna 200 for sale near me that I’m thinking about picking up. Very low KMs. The seller doesn’t know much, he told me it has a 13B engine that’s a 3.0… which isn’t right. Looking at the year, it’s got to be either a 11B(if it’s a 3.0) or a 13B(3.4). I’m not seeing many other options for that year. Are these engines as bulletproof as they seem? Can they be turbo’d for a little more power?

I’m coming off a long year getting a 2LTE running right in a Hilux Surf, which it is now… and thinking this Dyna might be a fun next move, what are your thoughts? Thanks!
5034E701-D80E-4797-93A1-88810109FEB0.jpeg

I wonder if they still are sleeved and have oil injection.

There will be a build plate. I know where to find them on a landcruiser but I have no idea where they'll be on a van!

I’ve been asking for a build plate photo, no response yet…

Just got the frame number. It’s a BU70, which makes it a Toyota B motor, 3 liter. Seems like it could potentially be a solid candidate for a turbo, correct? Anyone have any experience with this motor?

No piston oil squirters, questionable crank strength at turbo pressures with N/A stock injection timing, older piston and supporting parts design.

That being said a lot of people do things others say they shouldnt and get away with it just fine 😁

Just realize youre taking the engine well outside of its intended design parameters if you do it..... and there are a bunch of things you should do to 'somewhat mitigate' this

No piston oil squirters, questionable crank strength at turbo pressures with N/A stock injection timing, older piston and supporting parts design.

That being said a lot of people do things others say they shouldnt and get away with it just fine 😁

Just realize youre taking the engine well outside of its intended design parameters if you do it..... and there are a bunch of things you should do to 'somewhat mitigate' this
I appreciate your insight here. As it's a cargo van, and I'm planning on converting it to a camper, a little bit more power would be nice. I was just reading a thread about how someone was planning on doing a turbo install with a secondary oil cooler and an intercooler before the intake... but there was no finalized solution on his. I'm assuming the B series bell-housing is somewhat interchangeable, correct? Meaning I should keep my eyes peeled for a 3B or 13BT or maybe even something a little newer? It is a 5 speed manual trans.

13bt engine would suit you alot better in a heavier type van for sure, I'm not sure on the bellhousing / input shaft etc

13bt engine would suit you alot better in a heavier type van for sure, I'm not sure on the bellhousing / input shaft etc
It’ll be a lot easier to figure all of this out when I actually have the van in my hands and know what’s what as well. Thanks again!

I got this thing back home. It’s a 3.0 B engine. However the van/engine is a 1993. After doing some reading on forums, these later model and may have piston oil squirters and be a little more robust in the crank and bearings than the early model Bs. Do you know anything about this by chance? Is there a way to check without pulling the oil pan?

Thanks!

ive heard you can see them on the pump side of the block.....have not confirmed this though and my memory sucks.
nothing wrong with pulling the pan.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom