115v Switch keeps popping 15a fuse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a '09 470 recently and went to use the 115v outlet in the back, and nada.

Found the switch up front, pressed it, no LED indication, and eventually found a popped fuse under the hood. The one in the cabin was fine.

Replaced fuse, start up GX, press 115v switch again, nada. Found blown fuse under hood again.

So here's what I know after basic poking and prodding:

115v switch removed, tested wires, 12v coming from wiring harness.

Switch removed, tested for continuity, shows continuity. Shows no LED during any of this.

Fuse under hood pops when switch is wired, and pressed. Doesn't pop on it's own.

Outlet obviously reads nothing throughout this process.

Where do I start next? I'm obviously hoping it's not the inverter itself, but the switch wiring getting 12v, and the switch not showing a LED are throwing me off. Fuse popping under the hood, but not the one inches from the 115v switch itself leave me confused.

Ideas?

The switch is not really "connected" to the actual inverter/plug. The switch only controls a relay.

Which fuse is popping? The 10A for IG1, or the 15A for "AC INV"?

The LED on the switch should be powered by fuse IG1 and should light regardless of whether the inverter is working. See the attached diagram for a 2007 model.

I'd start by pulling the relay AC INV and testing the switch. With the relay removed, the light on the switch should work. If the IG1 fuse is popping while the AC INV relay is removed, then you know the problem on the switch side of the circuit, not the inverter side.

Attachments

• pos-115v.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
The switch is not really "connected" to the actual inverter/plug. The switch only controls a relay.

Which fuse is popping? The 10A for IG1, or the 15A for "AC INV"?

The LED on the switch should be powered by fuse IG1 and should light regardless of whether the inverter is working. See the attached diagram for a 2007 model.

I'd start by pulling the relay AC INV and testing the switch. With the relay removed, the light on the switch should work. If the IG1 fuse is popping while the AC INV fuse is removed, then you know the problem on the switch side of the circuit, not the inverter side.
Both the fuse in the cab and the one under the hood for the 115 INV are 15a.

Replaced the relay, no luck. Could very clearly hear the 15a fuse under the hood pop when I pressed the 115v switch inside.

Switch tests fine for continuity.

Figure there has to be a short somewhere.

Basic understanding of electrical components here, but by far not an expert

Removed the relay, that did nothing to the switch, but also didn't pop a fuse under the hood either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom