105 series parking brake indicator on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today my parking brake indicator has come on while the engine was on and the parking brake lever fully released. The manual suggests that it may indicate low brake fluid or low vacuum. I checked brake fluid and it is fine, I don't know how I could check vacuum. The vehicle drives and brakes fine, no mushiness in the pedal at all. Interestingly, the indicator seems to only come on when the driver seatbelt is inserted. Literally as I slowly insert the seatbelt, the seatbelt indicator goes out and the parking brake indicator comes on simultaneously.

The parking brake indicator normally doesn't come on at all, even with the brake on, because it's missing the connector between the wire and brake lever.

Maybe related, the vehicle has been outside in the rain for a few days. I had an issue last year where, after rain, the oil pressure gauge and tachometer were both bottomed out for a period but then would function normally several days later.

Considering all that, could this be an electrical problem? Maybe rainwater getting through the windscreen somehow and behind the instrument cluster? Or some other short? Or is there actually a problem somewhere in the brake system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom