1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100K Preventive maintenance

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by USA4X4, Nov 14, 2017.

1. USA4X4

USA4X4

My 2007 FJC is getting ready to hit 100K. Would it be a good idea to replace items like the wheel bearings, cv axle assembly, o2 sensors.
    All oils are up to date.
    What would you do?

2. 1911

1911 chupacabra SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Personally, I wouldn't replace any of those until they break or fail. Mine is getting close to 200,000 miles of hard use, and I'm still on my factory original wheel bearings, cv's, and O2 sensors.

What I did do, was flush (not just drain and fill) my auto transmission before 100,000 miles and flushed the cooling system at about 100,000. Other than that, all the scheduled maintenance.

3. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Agree, wear items will let you know when you need to change them out (CVs, bearings, u-joints, diffs) and I'd bet your Catalytic converters will expire before the O2 sensors do (my experience anyway).

4. firensteel

firensteel

Heres what I found in the blue room for 2007 FJ ;FJMaintenance.pdf I also agree with the above posts, other items will be replaced as necessary.

5. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

100k service should include oil, filter, change coolant, rotate, lube drive shafts and adjust tire pressures. your coming up to change plugs so if that hasnt been done yet do the plugs and pcv valve

NorthFJ likes this.
  6. Estancio

Estancio

When my FJ turned over 100K, I did the following: full flush of trans fluid, replace coolant, new oil & filter, new air filter, new cabin filter, new gear oils, new power steering fluid, new spark plugs, new serpentine belt. That's all mine needed....

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">