100K Preventive maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2007 FJC is getting ready to hit 100K. Would it be a good idea to replace items like the wheel bearings, cv axle assembly, o2 sensors.
All oils are up to date.
What would you do?

My 2007 FJC is getting ready to hit 100K. Would it be a good idea to replace items like the wheel bearings, cv axle assembly, o2 sensors.
All oils are up to date.
What would you do?

Personally, I wouldn't replace any of those until they break or fail. Mine is getting close to 200,000 miles of hard use, and I'm still on my factory original wheel bearings, cv's, and O2 sensors.

What I did do, was flush (not just drain and fill) my auto transmission before 100,000 miles and flushed the cooling system at about 100,000. Other than that, all the scheduled maintenance.

Agree, wear items will let you know when you need to change them out (CVs, bearings, u-joints, diffs) and I'd bet your Catalytic converters will expire before the O2 sensors do (my experience anyway).

All oils are up to date.
What would you do?
Heres what I found in the blue room for 2007 FJ ;FJMaintenance.pdf I also agree with the above posts, other items will be replaced as necessary.

100k service should include oil, filter, change coolant, rotate, lube drive shafts and adjust tire pressures. your coming up to change plugs so if that hasnt been done yet do the plugs and pcv valve

When my FJ turned over 100K, I did the following: full flush of trans fluid, replace coolant, new oil & filter, new air filter, new cabin filter, new gear oils, new power steering fluid, new spark plugs, new serpentine belt. That's all mine needed....

When my FJ turned over 100K, I did the following: full flush of trans fluid, replace coolant, new oil & filter, new air filter, new cabin filter, new gear oils, new power steering fluid, new spark plugs, new serpentine belt. That's all mine needed....

We will be working on buddy's 2006 FJ which just turned the 100k miles mark right after, just finishing the installation of new tires and poison spyder brawlers and bumper on his Jeep. That seems a good list to do for the FJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom