100/105 Ute / pickup gallery thread ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve been looking all over for Ute / pickup converted single and double cab ideas, and not having social media there’s no where with them all in one place !
So if you have a picture of yours or one you’ve seen, or even of social media dump it into this thread !

I’m seriously tempted to single cab Ute convert my 50th edition Landcruiser as the rear is a bit corroded and rusted out in areas !

Mike

I’m just thinking il end up with a 4.2 td auto pickup, to do that with other cruisers is mighty expensive.

getting a 79 from Australia then auto converting it would be very expensive !

I think I can sell everything from front seats backwards to make money for the rear tray, get a hilux rear window maybe from a mk4/5 depending on what the seal type is like.
If I was to do it I’d use an ally body or as much ally as possible to gain savings of weigh over the heavy Amazon body shell.

The cab is just run a simple hoop around the body to then mount the rear bulkhead too.

the rear inner sills on mine are rusted and the outer in places, also the rear floor in the wheel arches have corrosion too, it’s a high mileage truck so I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I only want it for work use and nothing else.
Would 100% be a single cab to get maximum bed space.

I bought mine already converted. It was getting a bit tired, so I've given the custom panel a lot of love.
While it doesn't have a massive payload (roughly 500kg) I like the ability to have a tray to chuck random things in, and I use it as a sleeping platform when camping.
It's very easy to drive long distances (I'm on the road a lot for work) and it's way more comfortable that the double leaf springs of a 79 series.

Having said all of that, there is just something magical about driving it that I can't quite put my finger on. It's just enjoyable. The only thing I wish they had done better are a) the tray is a tad too narrow and the tie down rail rubs the tyre when full loaded, and b) I like how they have chopped out the middle and brought the tail forward, but the way it was all stitched back together was a bit rough. I've spent a small fortune at a body shop to strip back all the bog, re-shape it, and drowned the inside with cavity wax. But I just know it'll be part of the 10yr maintenance to redo that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom