'10 Taco, 3" spacer lift from Low Range Off Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Just wondering what you guys think of spacer kits? In particular the one offered by Low Range Off Road:

LRT 2005-2010 3†Leveling/ Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma - Suspension Kits - 2005-2010 Tacoma - Toyota

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine just did an install on this and they seemed to like it as an affordable option. I will contact them on here to get their 2 cents.

I was hoping to run 255/85/16's, and eventually an ARB with M8000 (with synthetic) winch. Too much for the stock suspension and spacer lift?

Not a hard core wheeler more for expedition use.

Let's here what you think, thanks in advance,

Alan

Just saw this thread. We are quite happy with the Low Range kit in the Tacoma. Good quality parts and easy install. I would say that for your stated purpose of expeditions, plus the weight of bumper and winch, etc, frankly, it's perfect. We will be adding plenty more to that Tacoma and the Low Range will be there throughout!

Dave

Dave thanks for replying.

I forgot to mention that I have had the rear spring TSB done.

Another option then is adding Bilsteins 5100's up front and leave the rear alone? Adequate room for the 33" tires and then perhaps a more level truck after the ARB and winch is added?

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks, Alan.

I'm not a big fan of spacers on top of the front shock/coil combo. This allows more droop, when lifting a tire, and is a major cause of CV failure. This excess droop is beyond the limits that the CV is designed for. Blocks on rear leafs can allow for more axle wrap and wheel hop.

What about their diff drop:

"Differential Drop to keep those Constant Velocity Joint boots from tearing, and keeping those CV Joints from premature wear from the increased angle. We have installed other companies differential drops, and the spacers they include are too long, So we came up with the perfect spacer. When too large of a spacer is used, the differential mounting points have large factory washers that will hit the bushing mount on the differential- Causing metal to metal contact. We like to keep everything like it was designed- no noises, no squeaks, no problems."

And also their bumstop spacers:

"Bumpstop Spacers- Ever seen a coil assembly break near the bottom of the shock absorber? Yeah- its because the shock bottomed out and caused the shock to put all the force of the vehicle AND MORE on the shock body. We fix this by spacing the bumpstops, letting the bumpstop take the heat, the shock absorber can be ran through its full cycle without ruining the shock itself."

(The above quotes are from the link from post #1)

So with this are more factory specs kept?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom