08 rear camera relocation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parts
Got this from my taco and 4runner friends. He had extras lying around and gave me one to see if it would work for the land cruiser. It was from pelfrey build, but they are no longer in business. I saw a similar part from this vendor 2010+ Toyota 4Runner Backup / Reverse Camera Relocation Kit
jzyyk6r.jpg

1iFiM2Q.jpg

jzyyk6r.jpg

5o9lWb8.jpg

oHyaVGK.jpg

Rear camera plug in the tailgate
P3twkUG.jpg

Feed wire to the outside. There's a rubber grommet next to the jack area
pYNkh55.jpg

wE4jZmW.jpg

Wiring path
9fJM0MR.jpg

Use old parts to cover the old camera location hole
Gasket maker and used plastic piece from the recycling bin.
pt6wyJH.jpg

OuvK2Y4.jpg

After relocation
KSjpelf.jpg

KybdT5b.jpg

5nUS0FC.jpg

During the time of install I had really bad allergies so I didn't get to take photos during the install.

Couple notes after the relocation
- I can't really tell the position of the rear tire when I backup due to the camera angle. So I have to be mindful when I backup.
- Due to the camera relocated closer to the passenger side, u get a bit more view on that side.
- I would like to bend the bracket in the future to get a better view.

Last edited:
Lol. Everyone asked me that. It’s because half the screen is will be blocked by that bumper swing arm handle. The camera has a really wide view

It's always something that comes up at the last moments of a project that makes it fun. Run with it a bit and see if you can make do as is. Good thing is you have done the hard part moving the wires. Looks great.

It's always something that comes up at the last moments of a project that makes it fun. Run with it a bit and see if you can make do as is. Good thing is you have done the hard part moving the wires. Looks great.

Thanks. I have a couple of ft of excess wire just Incase I want to move it around. I might try to move it higher in the future. But this works for now. I’m pretty happy.

BTW do you break any of those tiny white clips on upper hatch surround? @#&^% I did :bang:

BTW do you break any of those tiny white clips on upper hatch surround? @#&^% I did :bang:
I lucked out and didn’t break anything this time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom