'05 Levinson Audio System Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had posted a bit of this in the "Levinson Amp" thread, but it really doesn't pertain to the amp so I figured a new thread title for this made sense. My apologies for any reduncancy.

1. My system won't play CD/DVDs .. returns a "disc error" message. On the display, disc buttons one and two are greyed-out, three through six are bright and look "clickable," but nothing happens when touched. I can hear the changer cycling and trying to load the six discs when the cartridge is inserted. The CDs and DVDs are inserted correctly, but I tried them the other way, too. Could this be anything OTHER than a defective/broken changer?

2. When I press the "Disc" hardware button by the tape slot, it cycles through TWO options.. one is DVD/CD and the other is "MDPlay." The manual makes no mention at all of that. What is it? There's also a black cable terminated with what looks like an older iPod plug (never had an iPod, iPhone, or iAnything, so I'm not positive) housed in the well of the center console that also houses the changer. No mention of that in the manual, either. What is it?

3. System DOES have bluetooth, and mentioned and described in the manual, for pairing a phone. I found that interesting for 2005; we have a 2006 ML500 that does NOT support bluetooth, despite having a "Phone" menu in it's infotainment system..needed some sort of proprietary Mercedes kilobuck option to interface your phone. Needless to say, $15 amazon lighter plug adapter it is for that car. Anyway.. my Kyocera Dura clamshell unsmart phone is now paired to the LX w/out problem, but everytime I try to send contacts from my phone to the LX nothing happens, then they disconnect from each other. No help in either manual, phone or car. Anyone? I can make and receive calls through the car audio system, but still have to use my phone to dial which kind of defeats the purpose.

4. Dealer I bought the car from couldn't get the amp mounted under the seat; according to him, when he bought the car there wasn't an amp in it, so he got the dealership he bought it from (probably at auction) to provide him with one. He just couldn't figure out how to mount it, but I'll get that sorted today; lots of stuff here about how to do it. The slight worry is that this amp says "'04 LX470" on it in marker, so it may be one of the older defective amps pre-warranty-replacement with the issue of not returning to music after a call. I'll check the model #. Good news is that, except for the flapping rotted sub, it sounds very good and seems to work.

Thanks.. any pointers on the disc error/changer, "MDplay," and contact transfer via Bluetooth would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom