‘05 GX 470 — ML w/ no audio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
theparish.church
Hey, all. Just switched teams from the LX to the GX and so far have been happy with the decision. I have searched, searched, and searched some more and still have not found a specific answer as to a remedy.

We bought an ‘05 GX knowing that there was a problem with the Mark Levinson audio system. Navigation screen works fine, navigation audio works fine, you can scan FM/AM channels, it just does not produce any sound. I’m not sure if the volume indicator is supposed to indicate that it’s doing something, but even you turn it nothing appears on the screen (VOL level, etc.) and there is no sound output.

Also, curious is the fact that when I go to set the FAD/BAL, there is no indication as to what it actually is and I cannot adjust it. Same for Bass and Treble. I have checked the amp and the fan runs when the car is initially cycled on, and then turns off. I ran the self diagnostic on the NAVI screen and got ‘EXCH’ on the EMV, ‘CHEK’ on the AUDIO H/U, and ‘NCON’ on the DSP-AMP.

I’ve checked and swapped out the fuses on RAD1 and RAD2 to no avail.

Anything else I should try? I plan on doing either the Tesla screen or Non-nav “upgrade” but I’m not convinced I can do that if I’ve got a bad amp.

Any help would be much appreciated!

IMG_1957.jpeg

Last edited:
Can I ask how to run that radio diagnostic? My girls 2004 seems like it’s having the same issue with no audio?

I have the same issue. It seems to have no volume. However, it works when the vehicle has been driven for a good amount of time (30 mins+) or on a very hot day.

When the volume doesn't work, it tends to say that the disc changer isn't working (when I press on the CD button).

Bluetooth also don't connect when the audio doesn't work. I'm thinking it's the amp.

I had this same issue on my 2004 GX. Ended up being a faulty amplifier. Repaired the unit by sending it to United Radio in NY and all has been fine since.

Got quoted almost $500 for a used 03-06 GX amp. Seem to recall reading that other Lexus models (sc or ls perhaps) use same amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom