01 LX470 slightly shaky at idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently have a spark plug blow out and had a Time Sert installed on cylinder 4. I am now noticing an ever so slight shake at idle. I'm not mechanically inclined as some folks here but it feels like a very light misfire.

Any ideas what to look for here? Should I go in and change all spark plugs? Necessary to reset ECU?

I am not seeing any error codes or check engine light come on.

It depends how slight the shake feels.

You could pop the plastic engine cover off, and insure the coil is snug on the spark plug. I would think if the coil went out you would know it. The trucks sputter and mis while under acceleration or idle.

Do you know why the spark plug "blew out" I would start there. I can't think of a normal circumstance that would cause the plug to shoot out. There could be more happening there than a simple plug swap?

Yeah I've had a few coils go out and definitely no that shaky. Just got timesert done so may be hyper sensitive to shakiness. But the wife noticed it slightly too so who knows. It's very slight like when a semi drive quickly past your truck and shakes it.

I'm not quite sure how/why it blew out. My mechanic who fixed it said it was likely caused by someone over/under tightening it.

The only other thing I noticed was that in one of my maintenance notes from a prior car shop visit for a misfire (first time it happened), the mechanic noted that cylinder 4 had loose spark plug and was finger tight. It makes me wonder if perhaps this cylinder had a cross-thread issue already, prior to when I owned the car.

It’s not uncommon for the middle plugs to have worked loose and be finger tight.
Sorry I can’t be more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom