FJ40 Parts For Sale!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ40 Parts 4 Sale in CO - diamond plate, license plate frame

Sold my '76 FJ40 but I still have a lot of parts that I acquired over the years that didn't go with the Cruiser...

I can ship any of these items but obviously if you are local and can pick up or I can meet you part way for gas $$ you can save yourself some dimes!! Items would be shipped from 80126 (Littleton CO).

I don't have pictures for everything but I can get them if you want to see the particular item. I'll list more as time goes by but here are the first items that need to go:
*** SOLD *** Stock Tire Carrier w/ Latch (see pic) MOVED to here ---> https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1361555#post1361555
  • Not sure of year but came with my '76 from PO - someone here knows I'm sure which years this was OEM for
  • GREAT condition w/ minimal rust, small dent in above one of the tire bolts
  • EDIT: Includes catch plate that mounts to the body for the latch mechanism - NOT shown in pic but I have it
  • No bolts/nuts/washers
  • Freeborn Red color - perfect restoration item!
  • Was $300 --> Now $250 obo

• *** SOLD *** OEM Rear License Plate Holder w/ Lamps *** SOLD ***
    • Needs to be cleaned up, sanded, and painted
    • Complete but will need one or two lamp bolts drilled out
    • Not perfect by any means but a heck of a lot cheaper than what you'll find new (or used) at SOR, CCOT, etc!
    • Was $100 --> then $75 Now $35 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Diamond Plate Side Panels *** SOLD ***
    • NEW, SOR part #238-77-WF ($120)
    • Planned to use to protect side panels from scuffs etc.
    • Was $85 --> Now $75 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Diamond Plate Running Board Caps *** SOLD ***
    • NEW, SOR part #238-82 ($106)
    • Looks great with the side panels!
    • Was $75 --> Now $65 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Power Steering Bracket - JT Outfitters *** SOLD ***
    • NEW, JT Outfitters part #PS BOX BRACKET (Use to be part #FJ4045GBI)
    • $99 on the JT website
    • Was $75 --> Now $65 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Towbar (see pic) *** SOLD ***
    • Used and ugly but beefy with license plate frame
    • Quick shot of paint, bumper brackets, and you're in business!
    • $50 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Bestop Super Top w/ 2-pc Doors, Black Denim *** SOLD ***
    • NEW, still in the original shipping boxes
    • You can see pics of the top at SOR, CCOT, Bestop, etc.
    • Uses the belt rail system vs snaps
    • These run $1100+ for the top and doors even when on sale
    • $850 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Bestop Tiger Top w/ 1-pc Doors, black (see pics) *** SOLD ***
    • Used but in great condition
    • Bows are scratched etc. from use and being moved around but are in working order as far as I can tell - use as is or spray them with some black paint and they'll look like new
    • EDIT: I found the the windshield channel! Brand new still in the dang box :frown: goes with the top!!
    • You may need a snap kit (have like 20, directions call for 24 I think) as I can't find all the snaps. You'll need some misc bolts, screws, etc. that you can pick up at any hardware store
    • Original installation instructions included
    • No tears, rips, etc that I am aware of
    • New these run $800-$900 plus shipping
    • Items are now boxed up. For shipping costs use the following weight and dimensions:
      Soft top: 45lbs, 53"x42"x10"
      Doors: 30lbs, 47"x38"x3"​
    • Was $600 --> Now $500 obo
  • *** SOLD *** Kayline Tire Carrier w/ Jerry Can Holders *** SOLD ***
    MOVED to here ---> https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1361583#post1361583
    • Discontinued sometime ago
    • Holds max 33" tire I believe
    • EDIT: Sticker on front of carrier states that the carrier is designed to carry up to a 29" diameter tire. However, measurement between the jerry can holders is right at 33" and the PO that had it installed did carry a 33x12.5 tire on it. So, please take all this into consideration!
    • GREAT used condition with everything but the bolts/nuts/washers as far as I can tell
    • No installation instructions but looks pretty straight forward
    • Shipping details: 66"x18"x12" and 55 lbs
    • Was $200 --> Now $150 obo
I will ship the items UPS or FedEx for actual cost. No handling, boxing, packaging BS fees! I have more items that I have to go through and list later such as a complete air cleaner/filter assembly, OEM headrests (SOLD), OEM bumperettes (SOLD), heat riser kit, an old Kayline soft top with a slight tear (SOLD), a used Kayline bikini top (SOLD), birfield, etc.

So, if you see something you need/want and are interested PM me! If you need additional information just let me know!

Thanks

Edit: Removed pics of sold Tigertop to make room for future pics...
Edit: Removed pics of sold Kayline carrier - moved to its own thread
Edit: Removed pics of the diamond plate items...

Last edited:
Addt'l Pics

EDIT: Rotated the front view so the carrier is right side up :doh:
EDIT: Removed pics of OEM tire carrier - See new listing

Last edited:
Deleted picture of tow bar (sold) to save some space and make room for more pics...;p

Last edited:
sent you a pm for the power steering bracket ..

Thanks in advance ... :D

PM'd you back MNTCRZR!!

Thanks for the interest

Mountainbiker,

Replied back to your email. Let me know if you don't get it!!

Thanks for your interest.

;p I tried to update the title based on comments I've seen to make it easier to know what is for sale and where. Hope it works.

There have got to be some folks out there that need a soft top for the summer right? :rolleyes:

I tried to price stuff to move without totalling POing off the significant other...;p

ttt...Come on...someone save me from having to list this stuff on eBay!!

I could use that tow bar....any idea of what the total cost would be with the ride to Michigan ? 48624 ?

i'm waiting to hear from you on the shipping costs for the new top and doors. let me know if you can do it fed ex, as they are usually cheapest. pm me here with the costs, if you can.

Still want the bracket, it will save ya time and money just to sell it to me .... my offer still stands ! ;)

Thanks, :D

4wdds said:
I could use that tow bar....any idea of what the total cost would be with the ride to Michigan ? 48624 ?

4wdds...

Regarding the tow bar. I haven't weighed the item but I guess it is 50+ lbs. so it won't be cheap. I will try to weigh it, measure it, and see what shipping would cost to you but prepare yourself for the worst...

mountainbiker90 said:
i'm waiting to hear from you on the shipping costs for the new top and doors. let me know if you can do it fed ex, as they are usually cheapest. pm me here with the costs, if you can.

MountainBiker...

emailed you on 7/5 but it doesn't sound like you got the email :confused:

So, I'll PM you with the info that was in the email. Let me know if you don't get it this time around.

Thanks!!

FJ40 MNTCRZR said:
Still want the bracket, it will save ya time and money just to sell it to me .... my offer still stands ! ;)

Thanks, :D

PM'd you with final offer ;) Buy from me and save yourself the $$ :D

Thanks!

4wdds said:

Measured and weighed the tow bar...Here are the stats for anyone interested:

Shipped weight: approx 40lbs (actual weight about 35 lbs)
Shipped dimensions: 40"x36"x7"

It wasn't quite as heavy as I first thought...I must be getting old, and weak...:doh:

EDIT

Another person asked for "what's the measurement between the spreaders on the tow bar?" so here are some measurements:

Outside to outside of the bumper bracket attachment points is 33 3/4", Inside to inside (the measurement asked for) is 32 3/4", and the attachment points are 1/2" thick each.

Last edited:
Some additional pics

Here are some pics of the rear license plate holder and Kayline tire carrier hardware/brackets:

EDIT: Pictures removed - Items sold

Last edited:
Edit: Removed pics of Kayline carrier hardware - moved it to its own thread (now sold)

Last edited:
Edited the main listing. I found the windshield channel for the Tigertop so that goes with it!! Brand new still in the box. :rolleyes:

I thought I bought one way back when but couldn't find it in all the stuff. Right now I have interested parties in the Supertop, tow bar, and PS bracket but nothing firm (i.e. no $$). I will give the interested parties first right of refusal should another party become interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom