Builds ROTW II MaddBaggins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Sorry for the delay all.

I did an ROTW last september and listed some things I wanted to do still (see sig line). Well, some of those got done, some got modified and some got shelved. Here is what I have done in the last 7 months.

Searching for a strange whistling sound I was having, I ended up replacing my exhaust from the cats back. I ran 2-1/2" tube and a FlowMaster 40 series, no resonator and it dumps down right after it comes over the frame. Cats are massaged for hi flow and timing turned up to 10deg. I get awesome throttle response and it kinda sounds like a ricer on steroids. It accelerates very cleanly right thru the gears and powerband. No lurching or dumping into gear. No + or - in MPG. A few pics of the setup at the end of this thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84898

I scrapped the sat radio idea and got a iPod Nano and run a hard line from the AUX input of my deck to the iPod. The line is long enough that I can set the Nano anywhere around the 2 front seats. I download my music at 192kbps rather than the standard 128, for a slightly better quality. I sacrificed quantity in the 4gb iPod though. I got about 700 songs in it.

Durabak'ed my rig https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=68942

Built a storage deck https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=67230

I broke the mounts for my front sway bar so I removed both of them. I didn't like the way it handled so I put the rear one back on and now it rides fine with no excessive lean in quick right/left manuevers.

I installed an Aussie locker in the rear. Easy job, I took my time and it took about 4 hours. I only hear a suttle clicking in corners if I'm going slow and the stereo is turned down. Otherwise I don't even know it's there on the street, but offroad, the extra traction is nice!

I got some Slee sliders. Easy install, but I kinda wish I had done my own. His sliders are good and stout, but I sacrificed more clearance than I had thought I would. I'm brewing a plan to modify them and my rocker panels to get about 3 more inches of clearance. In the meantime, I have done my best to abuse the sliders by rubbing off lots of powdercoat on the Southern AZ rocks.

Ross and I spent a rainy day in my driveway, flushing the holy bejesus outta my radiator so I could switch to green. We replaced all rad hoses and the t-stat while we were at it. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84676

Copper State Cruisers brand aluminum front spacers.

Thats about it for mods, as far as maintainence goes...
I switched from Mobil 1 engine oil to Chevron Delo 400 10w-40. It's $7.50 a gallon and I couldn't stand letting my oil go more than 3k between changes.
I've got Valvoline Durablend 75w140 in the rear diff with the Aussie. Thicker oil helps keep the noise down and its hotter than hell here anyway so thick oil can't hurt. I've still got Mobil 1 synth 75w90 in the front diff and xfer case and Mobil 1 synth ATF in the tranny. Mobil 1 synth grease in the u-joints and Valvoline Durablend w/moly in the driveshafts and birfs.

Future plans:
315/75 r16's probably Nitto Terra Grapplers. They form around and hug the rocks here like mad.
Bilstien shocks with longer travel than the Monroes(OME) I have now. That will give me better flex.
Still need to do that rear bumper, hopefully this year. It will be a dual swingout for spare tire and gas cans. Also have an incorporated reciever.
Durabak the rest of the rig in a light gray color. It's cheaper than paint and more durable. My junk looks like I drove thru a giant brilo pad.
Modify/redo those sliders
dual batts
ARB front locker
fridge
new front seats
winch with multimount and snorkel are real low on the list but maybe someday.

I still wheel it with little regard for body damage and haven't washed it since I did the Durabak. My 3 year old copilot loves to go with me everywhere and her and I are planning on attending the Glitter Gulch Gambol this year in Nevada.
Some pics to follow and check the links for more good pics. Thanks for being patient and I apologize for being late

:cheers:
DSC01076.jpg
DSC01077.jpg
DSC01078.jpg

A few action shots
3-5-2006_5.jpg
DSC01001.jpg
DSC01015.jpg

Bravo! and nice part duex!

Cool stuff man. Being a poser, I'll comment on form:D I love the way you ramped the Line-x up onto the hood .. nice touch!

Keep up the good work!

:beer: :beer:

TY

A couple from last month in the Santa Catalina mountains, about a 45 minute drive from my front door. Me, Zoe and her dog Dyna. Hope you enjoy :cheers:
DSC01038.jpg
DSC01039.jpg

Good Job Alvin!

A quick question, when you were up in the snow did you get a chance to see how the Aussie behaved?

Ross

Sweet Alvin!!! Nice to see all your hard work, one of these days I really have to get out on the trail with you! Way to represent the CSC.

GeoRoss said:
Good Job Alvin!

A quick question, when you were up in the snow did you get a chance to see how the Aussie behaved?

Ross

Nope, the roads were clear and fairly dry so no sideways action.

Thanks guys!

Alvin - you and your rig rock! The sound system really kicks :D

got to get down to your neck of the woods 'cause I hear your home brew kicks

A$$ too :grinpimp:

Is you daughers dog a ridgeback...???

desertdude said:
Alvin - you and your rig rock! The sound system really kicks :D

got to get down to your neck of the woods 'cause I hear your home brew kicks

A$$ too :grinpimp:

Alas, no more homebrew until fall. It does kick a$$ though. I don't brew during hotter months, I have a hard time keeping it below 75deg. Your welcome at my casa anytime dude! :cheers:

RAYJON said:
Is you daughers dog a ridgeback...???

We got her at the Humane society last year. They had her listed as boxer/lab mix. She has extreme patience with my daughter hangin on her, tying stuff on her, covering here with stuff, etc. She'll fetch tennis balls or sticks all day until she falls over. Great dog for a 3-1/2 yr old. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom