Help save GrayRock....call to arms! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Ok, as many of you know we started our first event last year at the Gray Rock OHV park. For those of you who attended it was a great success along with many fun future event s to come form this new park. I was informed by a good friends son of what I'm posting up about. :cheers:

Appearently a local neighbor of the park does not like the noise from bands that play there along with night rides that sometimes occur at the park. From what I was told by Keith Bailey @ Offroad connection the neighbor lives over a mile away from Gray Rock.:eek:

Long story made short they are trying to have the park closed legally from having events there. Here is the call to arms: below is the link to CAOS forum with names & address of the city commissioners & local officals to contact-write letters call, email or PM me & I can fax you a letter to sign & mail or fax in. Page 3 has many of the address & emails to use.

http://www.caos4x4.com/cmbs/index.php?topic=4295.0

As a newer club of the TLCA this is a great way to show support of our event site & also the 4X4 community of our commitment to keeping parks open.

Feel free to PM me if any questions or comments.

To consolidate info from the other board .... mail letters to:

Here is the information about who to write to.

Preferred method is US mail, then fax, and last email. Telephone is always great.

Larry Langford, President
Jefferson County Commission
Jefferson County Courthouse
716 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd North
Suite 240
Birmingham, AL 35203

Phone: (205) 325-5504
Fax: (205) 325-5950
langfordl@jccal.org

-----

Mary M. Buckelew
Suite 210
Birmingham, AL 35203

Phone: (205) 325-5555
Fax: (205) 325-4860
buckelewm@jccal.org

-----

Bettye Fine Collins
Suite 220
Birmingham, AL 35203

Phone: (205) 325-5070
Fax: (205) 325-4881
collinsbfine@jccal.org

-----

Shelia Smoot
Suite 250
Birmingham, AL 35203

Phone: (205) 325-5074
Fax: (205) 325-4878
smoots@jccal.org

-----

Gary White
Suite ?
Birmingham, AL 35203

whiteg@jccal.org

-----

Frank Humber, Director
Land Development
716 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd North
Suite 260
Birmingham, AL 35203

-----

Guy Moore, Deputy Director
Land Development
716 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd North
Suite 260
Birmingham, AL 35203

..... and a sample letter (modify as needed):

To whom this may concern,

It has come to my attention that there is an upcoming court date regarding a law suit filed regarding Gray rock ORV. I ask that you consider the service provided by the park to offroad enthusiests from all over the southeast as well as the infusion to the local economy during events. Thousands of people spend tens of thousands of dollars with local businesses when they wouldn't normally be in the area if not for the park.
I have been driving from Atlanta since the parks opening to enjoy the experience and friendship of the people I have encountered at Grayrock ORV. Tony has always run a safe and responsible park with much emphasis on litter control and preservation of plant life. Tree saver straps are required at all winch points and litter ( to include cigarette butts ) is forbidden. There is no riding at night tolerated so the noise level after dark is minimal.....far less than the average suburban street may encounter.
Tony is providing a teriffic service to the local and visiting offroad enthusiests. The closure of Grayrock ORV would be a great injustice to all involved. I am sure that some sort of agreement can be reached that is beneficial to both parties involved without consideration of a park closure.
There are fewer places every year where families can gather, and father and son can bond doing something they both enjoy. My father has been dead since 1989. I am 38 years old now and still have fond memories of time spent together in an old Jeep after the pavement ends......

Thank you for your time,
Douglas *********
**********, Ga

Last edited:
I have already fixed and printed the letter and will be sending it out tomorrow. Everybody please do this if you want to wheel at this park again!

Later,

Email Sent to all above!

The Central MS Jeep Assn. is working on this as well. I have talked (e-mail) with A rep. for them and I think they may have a petition. I will see if we can get our hand on it. Maybe at the meeting. BTW, I have contacted all of the names on the list either by mail or e-mail. Everyone in the club needs to at least e-mail. Do it or you will be voted out!

Later,

wngrog said:
That is scary. 3.5 hours from Jackson. If I am to move back home and Grayrock closes I am gonna die.

Emails sent.

Thanks Nolen! You tha man!:beer:

lager,

Thanks Chris!:cheers:

Yea I checked yawls site last night but was unable to log in....?:confused:

Great work & WE appreciate the help & support.
We look forward to seeing yawl at Cruiser Crawl this year!
Bring the funny fellow woring for ya in the white Taco!;)

fj60guy said:
Thanks Chris!:cheers:

Yea I checked yawls site last night but was unable to log in....?:confused:

Great work & WE appreciate the help & support.
We look forward to seeing yawl at Cruiser Crawl this year!
Bring the funny fellow woring for ya in the white Taco!;)
LOL! It's tough for me and coonass to play hookey at the same time, but we'll try!

I pm'd Matt, our web admin. There are issues, mostly dealing with the "remember me" box. Play with that until Mat can get back to you- I know he's waiting on a patch or something for it.

Sent one on behalf of myself and one on behalf of the the club.

Also sent to Mayor Kenny Clemons at info@cityofgardendale.com with instructions to please distribute to the following councilmembers: Peggy Tumlin (Ward I), Gary Morris (Ward II),Oscar Mann (Ward III), William Flippo (Ward IV) and Wendell Phillips (Ward V).

I asked for it to be read at the upcoming Gardendale City Council meetings on April 3rd and 24th.

If anyone has initiative left, these are the business the Gray Rock supports and promotes. Mailing a letter to bring this to their attention and requesting their personal involvement could make an impact.

Hotels
Best Western
842 Thompson Street
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-1181

Holiday Inn Express
1733 Fulton Road
Fultondale, AL 35068
205-439-6300

Hampton Inn
1716 Fulton Road
Fultondale, AL 35068
205-439-6300

Days Inn
616 Decatur Highway
Fultondale, AL 35068
205-849-0111

Super 8
624 Decatur Highway
Fultondale, AL 35068
205-841-2200

Vehicle Parts and Service

The Off-Road Connection
1417 Decatur Highway
Fultondale, AL 35068 205-841-2493

Lucas Restorations
9705 Bill Jones Road
Kimberly, AL 35091-3032
205-283-0527

Dewey Barber Chevrolet
9694 US Highway 31
Warrior, AL 35180
205-647-0538

Auto Zone
204 Fieldstown Road
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-6036

Napa Auto Parts
308 Fieldstown Road
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-2815

Westwood Auto Parts
1017 Main Street
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-5109

Gardendale Performance
734 Main Street
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-6315

Advanced Auto Parts
301 Fieldstown Rd
Gardendale, AL 35071
205-631-1385

Chris,

I thought Nolen was "the man" but I take that back. You tha MAN! Thanks for the work!

I was looking at www.grayrockorv.com today and they have an address posted that we can mail letters to. The address is on the left hand side of the main page.

Later,

Thanks Prez!:beer:

Glad to see TLCA supporting our cause!:cool:

Keep it going folks.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom