birf party !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
late notice i know.

i am tearing into my front axle saturday. anyone who wants make it a birf party is welcome to come over. if you want to watch me take apart the parts to see the process i plan to start around 8am.
bring your own basic hand tools, i will loan things like snap ring pliers, hub socket ect.
no compensation required but pizza and beer would be an awsome after party dinner.

pm for address.

Damn- if it was 1 week later I would be there with beer and pizza!

I'll be on the road to Utah picking a 1972 FJ40 :D

Yeah, I know you probably need this ASAP RHINO, but we should plan a big birf/packing party. I desperately need to do the rear bearings on my 80 and have never done rear FFs. I can't imagine they're worse than the front birf assembly, but...

Anyone interested in a large birf party? Wonder if we could get a stealership to allow us some asphalt space in the back? Worse case is we run into parts dept. when I start breaking things (as I do).

rear FF is super easy, its like the front but w/o the steering, arms, bolts or birfs :D

i just may be talked into this next w/e, not ASAP, i dont need to repack or service my front end, i'm actually going to cut/turn the axle.

so is next w/e better with you guys then?

I'll be there to watch (maybe video tape) the event for future use. And to show off the new 40 :D

Next w/e will be the 5th right? I would love to come out and shoot some stills and tape also if we're gonna have a couple rigs out there. I could edit the vids down and start working on a club turtorial dvd for basic services. Whatcha think?

ok next saturday the 5th it is @ 8 am. video/pics sound good to me, i'll have the top secret stuff covered.

RHINO said:
video/pics sound good to me, i'll have the top secret stuff covered.

Yea, it would be nice if you wore pants :flipoff2:

birf party

Rhino:
Looks like I spoke up too late. :doh: I just saw your post and need to service the front end-my 40 leaks in awful fashion up front. Tomorrow is fine by me, but it seems next sat is prefered. I will try to make it next w/e too.

thanks

This is still on for Saturday the 5th at 8 am, right? Just wanted to check.

I'm just going so there is a wrench boy and I'll take detailed notes / pics / video.

yup still on. i dont really care about the PARTY part. but i saw that a group buy was in effect and everybody that hasnt been in a front axle yet wants details on what is involved. so i figured this would be a good time if nothing else for a hands on tech day to teach/demonstrate how to tear down a front axle and what parts/tools are involved so you all can familiarize yourselves with the whole shebang. dont know bout you but i always learned better hands on rather than reading a book.

i can accomodate about a dozen rigs for anyone wanting to do it at my place, otherwise i'll show ya and then i'll ask politely to get the hell off my property!!! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom