86 FJ60 V8 Clean SW Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$12,500 To the Mud Community. With my new 80 I really won't be using it that much, only running it a few times year doesn't seem right. The list of mods will follow, the interior is in decent shape but has the driver seat side rip and one on the bottom front of the rear bench.

1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 (218420 Original Miles) Passenger A-Pillar has some rust bubbles near the roof rest of vehicle is clean. Body shop said just looks like surface rust and isn't in the pillar just above at the roof.
Crate Small Block Chevy 350 w/ GM Cam and HEI Installed New (6700 miles ago) "SALLEE CHEVROLET’S PERFORMANCE 285HP, 5.7L (UNIVERSAL ENGINE" LINK
New Alternator, Water Pump, Power Steering Pump, Starter with heat wrap and remote solenoid (6700 miles ago)
Edelbrock Performer Intake and Quadrajet Carb Installed New (6700 miles ago)
K&N Filter
3” Single Exhaust

Tubro 400 Completely Rebuilt (4000 miles ago)
New Stock Torque Convertor (4000 miles ago)
B&M Mega Shifter
B&M Transmission Supercooler
Autometer Tranny Temp Gauge
NP203 Low Range Box Mated To FJ60 Split Transfer Case (4.2:1, 2.2:1 or 2:1 ratios)
Triple Stick setup (2WD/4WD) (NP203 H/L) (Toyota Transfer H/L)

4:56 Motive Gears w/ All New Timken Bearings Front & Rear (800 miles ago)
Detroit Locker Rear (8500 miles ago)
Auburn Limited Slip front (800 miles ago)
Longfield Treated Front Birfeilds (800 miles ago)
Front & Rear Axles Completely Serviced (800 miles ago)
35x12.5x15 BFG A/T KO’s On 10x15 Black Rock Crawler Steel Wheels (1500 miles ago)

Spring Over Conversion w/ Stock Springs, Add-A-Leafs & New Bushings
All Pro Hi Steer Kit
Rancho 5000 shocks
Man-A-Fre Steel Braided Brake Line Extensions
All Brakes Redone (new rear cylinders and shoes, new premium front pads w/ rotors and drums turned all 500 miles ago)
Genuine Toyota Aussie Mirrors
Milford Cargo Barrier setup for front and rear posistions
Warn 8274-50 Purchased New used twice with old cable
Warn winch cable 150' 5/16 New never used or installed
Custom Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar & Winch Mount
Custom Sliders
Kaymar Rear Bumper
Extended Diff Breathers
New Radiator (8000 miles ago)
Autometer Coolant Temp Gauge
New Windshield (7/08/04)
New OEM Dash from the previous owner who had his radio stolen
FJ62 Passenger Grab Bar
Perma Cool Electric Fan For Additional Cooling @ Idle & Crawling Speeds
Optima Red Top Battery
Clarion CD Player w/ 6 disc changer
Ungo Alarm System

I have all paperwork for every single thing done. Castrol SynBlend is all the engine has ran. Featured in July/Aug 06 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine.
60 4 Sale 01.jpg
60 4 Sale 03.jpg
60 4 Sale 05.jpg

Last edited:
More pics:
60 4 Sale 06.jpg
60 4 Sale 07.jpg
60 4 Sale 08.jpg

Definitely a nice rig, very, very clean conversion and mods, not wheeled hard!

Definitely not a parts rigs.

Definitely should be in the rigs for sale....;)

After all that work.. don't blame ya though, saw the 80- nice.

It's in the right section now! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
very pretty, must be one hell of an 80.

Toy, nice rig!! I waqs doing a search on 15x10 rims and 2.5 backspacing. And you showed up glad you have pics up so i can tell evenmore!!

Can you give me some feedback on them. I am going to be running 4" alcans and I know you have SOA, but do you think I would run ito issues. I am going to be running 33x12.5 BFG MT's. Thanks!!!!

My 35's on 15X10 hit the front mud flaps so I removed them, I don't think there would be any problem with 33's. Although the SOA is a higher lift my articulation with stock springs should push the wheels into the wells as far as a 4" SUA lift I would guess. Side note: I went down to the river this summer and went through a section slowly that I didn't think was too bad. One of the people walking down to the river headed down to where I parked and said he had never seen rig flex like that. I asked what he was talking about because I didn't feel anything inside and described my front and rear axles articulating opposite of each other in extreme angles. He said it should have been in a commericial because it looked so cool. I said thanks and that is how I built the rig to handle but didn't realize it did so well because inside it was smooth. :)

I have never seen an engine bay so clean before. I am seriously jealous of that engine too. A little to high for my blood though. Best of luck to ya.

Updated and bumped. I wish I had a garage and a pocket deep enough for both Cruisers.

bump for a nice rig

I dig that bumper. Any special reason why you have the upper shaped like that?

GLTHFJ60 said:
I dig that bumper. Any special reason why you have the upper shaped like that?

Thanks. Well my friend that does Cruiser work here made it. He makes quite a few custom bumpers and it his preference to make the bullbar push outward. Mine is fairly mellow compared to some he has come up with. Basically he had an idea on building it and gave me such a good deal I told him to go for it and I would trust him on the outcome. I am happy with it but I could see where some people wouldn't care for the design as much as ones. It works well too, I scraped it this weekend on a rock approach and it didn't take any damage.

Ok guys, I saw this thing last weekend. And D@MN! It is very nice and very well put together. Sounds great too. If you like automatics and want a rig thats got it all and is ready to go, take a good look at this sucker!
The guy that did all the work has been fixing/moding/restoring cruisers for over 10 years.

Don`t tell me this rig is not sold, prolly the cleanest FJ60 and best built I have seen to date.

Someone is missing out on a dream 60.........

Thanks Rob,

Toyota 4WD Owners Mag is doing a feature on it and I was going to bump this thread after that. I hadn't really been pushing to sell it after taking it out a few times recently, it would be hard to part with. But with that being said, we found out today that the wifes job is coming to a close and that means our income will be cut in half and we definately can't afford 3 Toyotas now :frown:

Hey what's wrong with being Toyota poor?

Sorry to hear about the Mrs'. job. I'm sure she won't have a prob finding a new one... maybe a work at home gig.. ;)

As for your rig, nobody would be able to build it for what you are selling it for unless they had a lot of junk laying around and all the time to do it themself.

Sporin said:
Gorgeous truck, if I had the coin, I'd be on a plane right now.

even nicer than mine... and i love mine... great truck done right...

Bump for the hell of it, I keep kicking around the idea of selling it and dedicating my time and $ on the 80. Then I get in and drive it and it wheels so damn well....but I haven't had it out in a over a month :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom