Injector Cleaning On Vehicle Test? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a way to test your injectors to tell if they need to be removed and cleaned?

This may/maynot be related to my code 25 26 post????

If running a fuel injection cleaner helps some then I would guess that you need to have them sent in. If you have 250k miles then It would be a real good thing to send them in. I would bet they are not atomizing the fuel properly, some may even dribbling. Most of the injectors we have sent in over the years have ranged from dribble to flow problems. there has not been one injector that did not need cleaning. This is with engines with a lot less miles then your. later robbie

Robbie, who do you use for injector cleaning? RC Engineering?

>> Sold I have a 14" boat now <<

Gonna get cozy when you take the :princess: fishing with you.

:D

-B-

Beowulf said:
>> Sold I have a 14" boat now <<

Gonna get cozy when you take the :princess: fishing with you.

-B-

Its a chitchat inside joke :eek:

I called the local Toyota dealers to see what they say.
One said they don't service the injectors, they replace them. $168 per injector, thats just the cost of the injector :doh:

Another said to use the Toyota FI cleaner or they could use the spray can method of installing a injector cleaner to the fuel rail. He said there is no real way to test the injectors as I have a OBD I. If I had ODB II they could test them. They don't do the clean, test and ballance method.

The thurd one says they can test and/or clean them if I bring them in.
I think the service person thinks I have ODB II.

Does the injector leaning via the fuel rail work as good so removing them?

Anyone ran a can of cleaner or had a shop clean them and then send the
injectors in for service?

Seems like I remember reading something in the FSM about checking the injectors, but I don't recall it being a very thorough evaluation process. Something like "pull the injector and see if it sprays a fine mist at regular intervals".

:beer:
Rookie2

landtoy80 said:
Its a chitchat inside joke :eek:

I try to stay out of Chat most of the time. They talk nasty, post nekid pics, and eat their young.

-B-

Steve-O said:
We have seen a great improvement in every vehicle that we re-built the injectors for, no matter what the condition or mileage. READ ME

Steve

Steve-That looks like a good deal with no down time (which is of course the problem with the remove and send out method). WHo does your work for you? Anyone know how difficult it is to do a remove and replace with the injectors?

Steve-O said:
We have seen a great improvement in every vehicle that we re-built the injectors for, no matter what the condition or mileage. READ ME

Steve

Your site mentions clearing up a rough running engine and restored power, have you noticed increase in gas mileage? Not over stock, but back to stock? All things being equal, can a dirty injector aid in poor mileage?

Injector cleaner WILL NOT CLEAN DIRTY INJECTORS. Regular use will help keep them clean, but it will not clean those already dirty.

They must be removed to be cleaned.

TB

Cruiserdrew said:
Steve-That looks like a good deal with no down time (which is of course the problem with the remove and send out method). WHo does your work for you? Anyone know how difficult it is to do a remove and replace with the injectors?

Ditto Cruiserdrew's questions. I have been contemplating removing and sending in. I have read George's process a couple of times and think it would definately be beneficial to my rig. However, with a spouse that works/travels, and two rug rats to get to school everyday, find 2 or 3 days of down time during a week is tough.

HZJ60 Guy said:
Injector cleaner WILL NOT CLEAN DIRTY INJECTORS. Regular use will help keep them clean, but it will not clean those already dirty.

They must be removed to be cleaned.

TB

isn't that a self-contradictory statement? :D

Well, not to go out on a limb here but I'm betting that RC Engineering does the service for MAF. Or MAF has taken some serious liberties with the text from RC's site. Here's some light reading for comparison (http://www.rceng.com/service.htm#INJECTOR) vs (http://www.man-a-fre.com/pa/calibratedinjectorsets.htm).

At any rate, I pulled my injectors and sent them to RC prior to installing my s/c on the advice of Robbie & Christo a few years ago. IMHO, you will always have "down time" when doing work like this. Even if you have the clean injectors ready to go you should plan on an entire day to pull the old ones and install the clean ones. At any rate, RC does do exactly what they say and had my injectors back in my hands in about 36 hours. Pretty amazing in my experience. They send a complete read out and it showed that only two of the six injectors were performing at 85% or better. Two were just dribbling. I posted it long ago that I thought it was one of the best things for the money. Big difference in the way the truck ran.

Mike R

clownmidget said:
At any rate, RC does do exactly what they say and had my injectors back in my hands in about 36 hours. Pretty amazing in my experience. They send a complete read out and it showed that only two of the six injectors were performing at 85% or better. Two were just dribbling. I posted it long ago that I thought it was one of the best things for the money. Big difference in the way the truck ran.

Mike R

Mike,

I searched a bunch of your old posts and couldn't find this. Do you still have it handy? Thanks

We do use RC yes, but the benifits of going through us comes from the no downtime. We do send the print out's with the injectors also so you can see what the new flow ratings are, its pretty impressive. We did see an improvment in fuel mileage, and a slight performance increase. Overall the vehicle just runs much nicer. A dirty injector will definately waste fuel mileage, even more if you are at slow speeds or it is leaking. Keep in mind that every vehicle will yield different results. Thanks, Steve.

Steve-O said:
We do use RC yes, but the benifits of going through us comes from the no downtime.

Steve:

For those of us less concerned about downtime than the (temporary) hit to our wallet for the core charge:

Can we send in our injectors first and then wait for the cleaned set to come in for just the base price?

Eric

Thanks Woody...I guess I misread the post. I thought he was saying that he actually posted the report that he got back. I just wanted to see how detailed the actual report was.

Eric_FJ40 said:
Steve:

For those of us less concerned about downtime than the (temporary) hit to our wallet for the core charge:

Can we send in our injectors first and then wait for the cleaned set to come in for just the base price?

Eric

Eric, of course! If you send in your injectors first, we can rebuild those or send you a rebuilt set without the rediculous core charge. Sorry it is so steep, we just can waste any of the sets we have here. Thanks, Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom