Install Difficulty of OME lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
artandmayhem.com
Well i'm not a mechanic by any means a novice at best, but really want to put the OME lift on 99 lc. with the diff. drop. I would really like to do the work my self for the satisfaction but don't want to do anything thats out of my ability. The kit seems pretty basic but i just don't know! I will have some help from my bro in-law he's got all the tools and a little more know how. on a 1-10 10 being toughest how would you rate the intstall?

Last edited:
To put things in scale, a filter change would be a 1 (easy). A complete replacement of your Heating/Air would be a 10 (most difficult). I would rank the install a 4. It really is not that difficult and as long as you make sure the splines are seated deep enough/rear springs are in their correct position, there is no chance for damage (well, unless you let your axle slip off the jack and ruin your brake lines). Really, the only thing that might get you is having to re index the bars becasue they do not allow for enough lift as in my case.

Go for it. The biggest thing to overcome is the fear. The rest is just time and patience.

Give me a call or if you bought it from Christo, give him a call. I would be more than happy to assist virtually.

Yep, I would agree with the "4" rating ( well, maybe a "5" for my less than perfect mechanical skills)...Use the great tutorial found in a recent thread to assist, and it should be NO PROBLEM.....BTW, Slee includes a nice set of instructions with the diff drop kit, and OME has a so-so set included with the t-bars .....
Trust me, you will not be dissapointed with the results !!! As soon as you drive it you will forget about any issues with installing it, it`s that good !!
Peace!

Hey Thanks Juke,Sincity

Thats the encouragement i needed, i'll be taking on this project in the next month or so!

Juke that write up you did is sure going to come in handy thanks!!!!

Can someone explain to me why you need the diff drop kit?

It's pretty easy, just time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom