Sliders my version (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
Came up with these a few years ago, since have made a few sets for customers.......
basic materials per side
4 ft 2x6 3/16" wall tubing
4 ft 1x1 angle iron
1 ft 2x2 "
Mvc-020f.jpg
Mvc-013f.jpg

Last edited:
Thing I like about these, you keep the running board , 90% of the people never notice them and when they do it's like DAMN that is cool......
Mvc-027f.jpg
Mvc-015f.jpg
Mvc-019f.jpg

You can see how much the tub is trimmed here, also the 2x2 brace bolts to the factory body mount.
Mvc-016f.jpg
Mvc-018f.jpg

How much does it weigh?? Just weld the 2x2" to the fram rail??

Looks good to me, kinda along the lines of "there's nothin' heavier than a homebuilt stock trailer" :D

haystax said:
How much does it weigh?? Just weld the 2x2" to the fram rail??

Looks good to me, kinda along the lines of "there's nothin' heavier than a homebuilt stock trailer" :D
I made 2 sets so I put one of them on the AC scales for ya
32 lbs
the angle support has a 1/2" bolt in it...
Butch

trainrech said:
Hey Butch - any concerns about the forces on the body mounts?
Mine have been on for 4 yrs, and beat the living snot out of them and can't tell anything other than the bottoms are gouged and scraped up......I have dropped off 3 ft rocks on them, and pioretted the truck around rocks on them.

Butch

and the price for a set????

dan

Pioretted to a dosydo, aleman left.

A picture that will make the purists cringe :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Mvc-032f.jpg
Mvc-031f.jpg

Dan_J-spec_fj62 said:
and the price for a set????

dan

I charge $400 turn key in the shop, not ready to get into trying to mass produce them, feel free to copy and get someone local to make them
Butch

cool ... if i drive CoCo Nut to texas again i'll stop an see you .... or talk to Hi^C.... and see what we can work up..

thanks again

dan

Cool - thanks for the idea, i bet you could even cut the channel and chamfer the leading and following edges a bit too. :beer:

haystax said:
Cool - thanks for the idea, i bet you could even cut the channel and chamfer the leading and following edges a bit too. :beer:

Been there done that, mine are done that way, just more work......once they are on the truck you got to get on the ground to see those portions anyway...doing it this way stock 1.5" strap will plate the ends.... :flipoff2:

So you gotta trim the rockers like that to make yours work??? I'm considering that... I really dig your idea Butch.

Could you get an underneath pic at the rear so I can see how/where they attach to the frame back there??? I believe I could fab those up pretty easily if I knew where everything went exactly.

Jody.

Texican said:
Been there done that, mine are done that way, just more work......once they are on the truck you got to get on the ground to see those portions anyway...doing it this way stock 1.5" strap will plate the ends.... :flipoff2:

Lazy ass...way to go the extra mile for the customer :D

Sooo....What are ya gonna do with the old running boards? Are they in good shape?

Great idea! Thanks Butch. I have been thinking of replacing my current sliders, as there is no running board cut into them and I am tired of the front tires flinging mud and crap into the cab when the doors are off. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom