Lockers and the VIN... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you tell if a rig has OEM lockers by the VIN???

The subject is a '97 Lexus LX 450.

Jody

Not sure if you could by the VIN, but why not ask the seller (if you want to identify before purchasing) to give you the number that starts with "K" on the doorjam sticker "K292" and "K294". I think "K294" is what you want (or vise versa).

I could be way off. Can someone confirm this?

Of course I would not be telling the person what the number is for and which number I'm looking for because most likely they would not know about it:D

Or maybe you could really identify with VIN. :confused:

Mot

Thanks guys!! I'm gonna call them and ask about the code on the door jamb plate.

Jody.

The thread I posted--I assume--will work for LX's as well....though I'm not sure...Dan will have to chime in on this one.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

beno said:
The thread I posted--I assume--will work for LX's as well....though I'm not sure...Dan will have to chime in on this one.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Same 294 on my LX

Bear80 said:
If you know anyone (like myself) that has the EPC, you can enter the VIN and look up the options that the car had such as locker, color, etc. Feel free to PM me with a VIN if you want me to look it up.
What's a EPC? Is that a online service or something?

Thanks.

informationjunky said:
Same 294 on my LX
I second that.
Same code on both at our casa.

mabrodis said:
What's a EPC? Is that a online service or something?

Thanks.

Electronic Parts Catalog.

NorCalDoug said:
I second that.
Same code on both at our casa.

K294 is the locked axle code for both.

A cautionary note on trusting the code:

The door the ID plate is attached to will be from a Cruiser with diff locks.

Is the door still attached to it's original Cruiser?

Not that anyone would intentionally mis-lead.......:rolleyes:

Dan, doesn't that thing have the VIN stamped on it too? If so, easy to check with other stampings and labels around the rig, no?
E

Yes, the vin is also on the tag and it is a good idea to make sure everything else matches. I mentioned this simply to illustrate that the door and the Cruiser it is attached to may not match. I have seen vehicles repaired with used parts many, many times. I have also seen stolen vehicles with laundered labels. A memorable one was a 94 Cruiser that I caught for our used car manager before the seller cleared town.

Outback said:
Can you tell if a rig has OEM lockers by the VIN???

The subject is a '97 Lexus LX 450.

Jody

Uh oh, Jody, are you missing your 80 series????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom