Builds NEW Cruiser buggy - Sunray Engineering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
unfortunately, not me...

first sneak photo of a new UROC competition buggy for the 2005 season...
HPIM0267 (Small).JPG

SG I assume..

Mikes gonna' drive a folding table? Just kidding, can't tell much yet- keep us posted. Luke

wngrog said:
Hmmmm.......I know that shop :D

thot ya might ;)

workin on all the spy photos of the buildup...connections are good to have :D

I like the fixture table, makes things much easier and a good way to tack and hold things in place while welding complete to reduce distoration.

Are the bent peice purchased that way or custom bent by the builder himsel???

all custom....fab shop is in TX....I have a handful of pics of their projects, and have wheeled with the owner...they do VERY nice work, on a variety of rigs.

woody said:
wheeled with the owner....

Now THAT is funny.

The shop is the same one that built my axles and installed my LT-1.

Sunrayengineering.com

This is their first full out tube buggy. They have built numerous custom frame rigs, but all have been with a square tube frame and a body.

Tom, the owner is a Mechanical Engineer and everything in this rig has been engineered and fully drawn out.

It is cool to see the drawings from every angle.........

Keep the pictures coming Woody! We have to get Jim out of the "Big Red Heep"!!

Lance sent me a handful of pics of other projects....damn...nice lookin stuff...makes me wish I wasn't 1400miles away!

hehehe....new buggy's are always fun...what are the specs/class/sanctioning body it will be run in.

if it's the person i am thinking of did he sell his old buggy complete or is he parting it out?

Stew

new competitor, no current buggy to part or sell...believe the plans will revolve around UROC's rules for the full-awn classes....

I don't know much more...will post up more pics as they come available, and any specs I can whore out too ;)

So who is going to be wheeling that AIR BOAT?

i've seen a bunch of sunray's work over the last couple of years and the quality is not just good, it's also very consistant.
keep the pics coming, really looking forward to watching this one evolve!

...outta make a call to the pitbull gang and see about sponsorship....

and, he'll need a little 'MUD sponsorship too....SpaceGhost has be covered for one class, Jim can cover the other one!

Just curious, are the tubes going to be butt welded???

wngrog said:
9" axles F/R

that's the definition of understatement.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom