Started Working On The 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started work on the 60 and quickly found out she has alot of rust. Not so much on the outside but inner wheel tubs are bad. So we decided to go nuts and cut the hell out of it, the idea now is to see if i can put 40's or larger on with minimal lift. Right now the truck has a 2 1/2" spring lift, tires are 38-12.50/15's. Will be doing a spring over with a cut & turn.
Picture 074 (Small).jpg
Picture 065 (Small).jpg

Toying with the idea of taking 6" out of the length as well, i don't know yet.
There is a rear floor brace/mount that runs side to side across the rear with rust most of the way across, if i take out 6" i could cut this out of the floor and make my own to replace it. Anyone done this?

Pulled off the front fenders and fan shroud and found this little item, looks like POS took a blind and made it pull down in front of the rad for quick warm ups. Had a cable running into the cab to opperate.
Picture 017 (Small).jpg
Picture 018 (Small).jpg

I think the pull down cover is stock. I think there was a thread not to long ago about it. Its a Toyota, it has all the little things most people dont think about. Really like the idea you have, low COG with big tires is a great way to go!

Decided to cut 10" out of the length so i cut the sides before i chickened out, roof and new frame will get cut tomorrow.
Just curious, has anyone ever made a panel van out of a 60?
Picture 010 (Small).jpg
Picture 014 (Small).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom