WTB Throttle/Carb linkage for '78 Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OffRoad Rage

Dry Roasted in the Desert
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm in desparate need of the throttle/carb linkage for my '78 Piggy. The PO swapped in a rochester with some questionable homemade linkage. This carb has no hook ups for the smog equipment and I have to pass smog. I have a carb that I can use but need the right linkage.

In the following diagram I need numbers 50, 51, 52, 55, 61, 50F, 57, 63, and 67.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows where the carb return line is supposed to be hooked to that would be helpful too. The PO eliminated it.

Thanks, Norm

55ThrottleLink1.JPG

is the linkage the same as a 40? except for the pivot bracket on the firewall? I think I have the bracket but all the pieces from 4o series.

$OR appears to have the parts but it would be cheaper to put on a TBI instead of that route but I appreciate the idea.

As for the 40 parts being interchangeable, it looks like the accelerator rod (#51) is different. Not sure how different. $25 from $OR different. If I can't locate one I could buy the one from $OR and use your 40 parts. I'll let you know. I know Cruiserparts.net it parting out some '79 pigs so they might have what I need. I'll be in touch if they can't come through.

Thanks you guys.

norm i can cut/weld those rods from the 40 to make'em work on the pig. i can use mine as examples.

Excellent Rhino. I'm waiting to hear back from one more person before I go that route. Solid plan B though and I'm anxious to get this thing on the road.

I have all the OEM parts for carb linkage off of a '76FJ55. Will they work you??

Thanks Rat Patrol. I think one of our Canadian bretheren hooked me up. The parts should be crossing the boarder any day. Thanks for responding. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom