2H p/s install.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have project to add p/s to a right hand drive FJ47 with a 2H motor... I got a rhd 60 gear box but looking for pump mounting options:confused: ... also it has and needs to retain the A/C compressor which is mounted on the left side over the alternator... thanks...

I have project to add p/s to a right hand drive FJ47 with a 2H motor... I got a rhd 60 gear box but looking for pump mounting options:confused: ... also it has and needs to retain the A/C compressor which is mounted on the left side over the alternator... thanks...

I am not sure what your question is.
the 2H power steering pump is on the front passenger side of the motor on the bottom.

Last edited:

also, are you sure it is a 2H, not a H?
j

Yea... '81/ 2H.... thanks....

I am not sure what your question is.
the 2H power steering pump is on the front passenger side of the motor on the bottom.

so the pic is of a 60??

Well do to the lack of effectiveness of the A/C in the troopie, it was sacrificed... so I was able to utilize the compressor mounting space..... do to the limited height space between the hood and mounting area a mini truck pump & reservoir was used ......here are some pics of the conversion......
t 1 (Custom).JPG
SD801033 (Custom).JPG
SD801034 (Custom).JPG

is that enough belt contact for the alternator/air vacuum pump?! does'nt look like a lot to me.........

Well do to the lack of effectiveness of the A/C in the troopie, it was sacrificed... so I was able to utilize the compressor mounting space..... do to the limited height space between the hood and mounting area a mini truck pump & reservoir was used ......here are some pics of the conversion......
Hi, i'm new here and am looking for any info on 60 series to 45 series pwr steering. would be appreciated if you could send me more pics of what u've done :) Also any info from anyone in regards to putting a hj60 5 speed box behind a 350 chev (into fj45 trayback) been in contact with Marks Conversions, he has all the adaptor bits, just wondering if any other hassles will pop up...?? Thnx, jan

Welcome to mud .. :mrgreen: oficial mud salute.

The H55F with the proper adapter it's a usual and one popular job conversion. Some work on the cross memeber and the DS.

The PS in my 2H are in the worse part of the engine .. what you wanna do with it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom