Exo Cage Help.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been reading a ton of posts and saving all teh pics I can in a folder on my computer. I can send you a copy of that folder lateer this week when I get back to my home computer. There is a link in the FAQ that deals with cages and EXO stuff a ton of pictures in there.

I am in the same place as you, trying to figure out what I want to do. What size tube and strenght level. It gets to be a bit much after a while. There are some computer programs out there that will all but build the EXO for you. One of the more popular ones is called Bend Tech. They have four different levels so you don't have to spend a ton of money.

Good luck and let me know what you come up with, I may want to copy yours;)

I Was Thinking something Like This, Conecting To Marlin Crawlers Sliders, It Would All Be Built Out Of 1 1/2" HREW, Or Dom. At 120 Wall, 2" Is Is Just To Hard To Bend By Your Self With A 8 Foot Extension, So I Decided To Go Smaller, And Put More Supports In.

What I Really Wanted Was The Look In The Front, So I Could Get An Idea On How To Connect Every Thing To The Front, And I Don't Want A Huge Ass Bubper Up There Either (Pardon My English).

This Is Just An Example, And This Is Not My Truck. Got It Off Cardomain. Well Here You Go...
sliders.jpg
front.jpg
side.jpg

Think Triangles!

ouch. thats gunna be rough on your milage. if your gunna use that much metal why not make it a trailer rig?

when you make a trailer rig you have to have somthing to tow it with! not to mention somthing to tow it on....just some thoughts...lol

ouch. thats gunna be rough on your milage. if your gunna use that much metal why not make it a trailer rig?
Na Its Not To Much Metal,But Once Again My Name Is Full_M3tal. Trailer Rigs Are Way To Costly. You Have To Have A Tow Rig, Which My trooper Just Wont Make The Cut, And A Trailer Or A Tow Bar.I Dont Mind The Gas Milage, It's More About Saftey. But It Will Hopfully Be My Daily Driver As Well.The Plan Was Build It For This Years Cruise Moab, But Were Think We Are Going To Go A Few Weeks Later.

also what aboot your welding skills? Chromo is a bia to weld good. Also for the windsheld pillars put aboot a 30 degree angle on each one like so / \ that will help much, triangles are the name of the game, sqaures just fold flat!

I've welded In School For Four Years, I Aslo Had A Welding Job That Taught Me More Than School Ever Did.

I Was Aslo Thinking About The Tringle In The Windshield As Well.

I Use A Miller 110v Welder. Little Easy Baker, But It Works Great.

You really should use TIG on that. MIG would work but since my life is depending on those welds everytime I go out, I would use TIG no exceptions!

If you go to Pirate4x4 there is a HUGE thread of exo pictures in the Toyota truck section. The link is in the FAQ THREAD pinned at the top. You might also look for the flat bead thread. Lots of Exocages there as well to give you some ideas on the front.

Just don't start a new Exo cage thread...you will get hammered.

Here's a pic of one on a club member's rig and it was tested on its first outing with a 270 deg roll :eek:
DSC00309r.JPG

Hey Bob, Was that pic taken before or after the roll?

Im guessing... before

After.

If you look closely (hard to see in the small pic), you'll see a dent in the top of the driver's side fender. That and a dented driver's door (replaced before this pic) was the only damage as I recall..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom