soa troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i finally pulled the trigger. swapping the soa setup from the 40 to the troopy. a few pics of the work so far. the front is finished and the rear is halfway done.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

that looks great. I am watching this closely to see how it compares to the pics of you on your Man quest. how it turns out will greatly affect how i lift my lv.are you going to switch back to the steel wheels?
Jason

right now i really like the way they look on my 40. i have a set of black wheels i may put on the troopy.

I just wan to know what SOA mean and if you need to add fender at the rear to cover up the weel ?
Cauz in Quebec we can't have weel far from the tub ,and if your tire is straight with the tub i will put these tire on my truck .
I already have Bogger 37"-13" and that's too wide .The cops don't like it :ban:.I've got fj-45 lwb with a stout (toyota) box.

So thnx you and keep showing what you do on your troopy.

Mort aux vaches...Marc...

soa means Spring Over Axle. this is achieved by welding perches on top of the axle and bolting the springs on the top instead of the bottom. there are many threads that cover this. it gives you around five inches of lift(this varies) and better flex.

the tires i have are 35x12.50, so they are not much more narrow than yours. a fender flare would difinitely help flying mud and debris, but it is not required here in mississippi. i do not believe these tires would anymore satisfy your cops than ones you have now.

Nice! I bet it will ride very nice too. Takes a unique breed to modify such a rig.

granted, it's still sitting on jackstands. i've got to get some u-bolts and hook up a brake line and a driveshaft and i should be ready for that test drive.:grinpimp:

yeeeee-friggen-haaaaw!

that looks so bitchen!!! thanks for helping me decide to soa mine when the time comes. g;ad you went that rout.:beer:

the lhd troopy came from saudi arabia. i bought it from marv spector. from the way he was talking about bringing stuff over, i bet he could find another one.

holy crap you made my night i want to get my lv done that looks simply awesome. keep the photos coming. wow just awesome pictures
Jason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom