Front Disc Brake conversion kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used the front disc brake conversion kit from FJParts.com? Does it include all neccessary components? If so, is the $450 price about the same as if I bought them seperately? Thanks

off the cuff, their prices seem about double other places....not sure what all the disc kit includes, but if it keeps the stock coarse birfield, it's worthless. (and my guess is, it does...)

I picked up a set of late model (79+) cruiser knuckles from a fellow MUD lister, for $200. These are the most desirable disks, fine spline birf, large steering arm bolt pattern, and the vented rotors missing on minitruck discs.
I will spend ~100 on the parts needed to install the knuckles (new bearings, seals).
Like Woody said-depending on what it includes, its probably not worth it.
(unless you never use 4wd).

Thanks for the input. What vehicles can I use parts from. I know about 79+FJ and minitrucks. What about FJ55 or 60 or any others? Any help would be appreicated as I want to make the conversion asap.

79+ front axles on the minitruck/fj55/60/62 are all perfect doners for the disc conversion, and give you better birfs too. Minitruck is the easiest to find....but there is a bit more to the conversion since you need to switch rotors and calipers. Minitruck fronts can be found for $100-200, with some hunting and patience. With LOTS of patience, they show up free. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom