1977 fj40 for sell Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The drive train is in great condition. I've never had any complaints about the engine (2F) or the transmission (4speed) or the 4 wheel drive. It could pull down a house or climb a wall. When I first got it, I re-wired the entire truck with SOR's Painless wiring harness and it all works. I installed electronic ignition, re-furbished the radiator (i've had no problems with it since), installed headers, replaced the master break cylinder and the slave clutch cylinder, rebuilt the carb, and put BFG longtrails (31x10.5) on it. I have replace the clutch 200 miles ago. So, mechanically, it's a hoss. I can say, without reservation, that I could drive it to California tomorrow if I had to.

The body is in good condition, compared to many unrestored Cruisers out there. It has cosmetic rust here and there--i.e. it hasn't rusted through and could be sanded down, primed and repainted. I have already started alot of the body work needed though most of the rust is gone now. I have sprayed the entire interior with a spray-on bedliner substance. The dash board was ripped up beyond repair. the frontseats are servicable, especially with covers on them. I'd
get them reupholstered if I kept it. The drop seats in the back work fine, but I would cut new diamondplate bottoms for them. It has a cast iron front bumper with plenty of room for a winch and an iron tubular rear bumper. The hardtop is in pretty good shape and I have a bikini top and a tailgate for the summer. The passenger door is rusted and banged up, but it keeps the rain out and the back doors are in decent shape; I have the spare and. I've fiberglassed the driver's side floorboard where it had rusted through. There is one quarter sized rust spot on the driver's side kick plate that needs
immediate attention (cutting out and welding a fresh piece
of metal in there).
Honestly, I bought this with the intention of restoring it,
but my job keeps me and I don't have the time to
do that now. This FJ is begging to be finished, so I'm letting her go--but I'm not in aterrible hurry.
asking 3700
located In auburn AL middle of alabama 30min from GA
ryancha@auburn.edu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom