SKY mfg - crossmember installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
project time about 3 to 4 hours
2 people are required fro handling
no special tools required - 2 banana job
P5190001.JPG
P5190003.JPG
P5190004.JPG

intricate details:

- I jacked up trransmission and also strapped out the tcase doubler with two motorcycle straps against the xo cage to avoid any shifiting of the drive train
-removed original crossmember
- front driveshaft needs to be removed because of skid design
- re connect driveshaft before securing the skid
- if using with marlin double cas like mine - remember to have two tcase mounts ready and the 14 mm bolts to secure the second mount
- do not attempt this project alone - I am very strong and another set of hands is crucial for finishing this job
- the skid is bullet proof
- if you have any questions feel free to PM
- cost was $235 including shipping
- next project is installing the sky parking brake kit on the rear output drive line

looks pretty good, I've been thinking of trying one from budbuilt.com

I think sky has better price, not sure though. I think the choices are budbuilt, allpro and sky - pretty much. I will be testing on the rubicon weekend after next. Will report in after.

Does sky make ones for stock trucks? I thought they had them only for dual t-cases?

good question - I am not sure. I just got a lead on their prices being a tad better, this plate is fit for stock, but it will overhang because of the dual tcase design

Does BudBuilt use those extra ears that you bolt to? Or is it one piece?

I kinda like my Front Range Offroad unit, holds the drivetrain SOLID yet no particular vibration in the body. I was an early adopter, and I found the new motormounts for the crossmember and shared them with Brian. They were a major improvement.

Does require welding though. But it's almost a requirement if you move your drivetrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom