Navigation Override (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Works on 06

Tried it on my '03...it works! Now what do all those other options on the blue screen do?

2001 LX470 NAV Override
I found how to override the 2001 NAV based on Steph23's instructions - though it is a bit different than the 03:

1. Press MENU then select SYSTEM OPTION
2. Perform the 5 point hidden button routine: Top Left, Bottom Left, TL, BL, BR.
3. The Debug Diag screen displays with blue buttons
4. Press OVERRIDE DRIVE button (it turns from blue to green)
5. Press BACK (upper right)
6. Override is effective until ignition is turned off.

Last edited:
Tried it on my '03...it works! Now what do all those other options on the blue screen do?

I haven't had a chance to play with the other buttons yet.

The same sequence that worked for LXPearl worked on my '02! In addition to allowing destination input on the move, the override allows you to play DVDs while driving.

I wonder what is different on my '02. I did it and the destination input override worked but I still can't see DVDs in motion. Am I supposed to load the DVD in the same player as CDs...or is there somewhere else?

I'm going on a 3K mile vacation on Wednesday and this would be very helpful :)

that is terrific info!

in the FAQ it goes...!

I did not get my DVD to work either - though I tried only once. I still had to raise the parking brake in order to get the DVD to play while stopped.

You've got to ground the brake wire & snip the VSS to get DVD in motion.

You've got to ground the brake wire & snip the VSS to get DVD in motion.

VSS? I don't speak acronym...I'm not the corporate or military type :)

Sounds like it might be easier to just have a DVD player installed.

vehicle speed sensor wire.

Here are the full instructions.

Reading through the instructions, it sounds very complex. It isn't.

Remove head unit, unplug wire harnesses.
Depending on your harnesses, find two wires:
1) Find the red/white wire (parking break). This is a thin red wire with a white strip down the length of it. Strip this wire and ground it.
2) Find the violet (bluish-pink) with dashes on it. Simply cut this wire. THE BRIGHT PINK WIRE TWISTED WITH A BLUE WIRE IS THE WRONG "VIOLET".
Put the head unit back in.

Give it a shot.

Or buy me lunch and I'll do it :D

Last edited:
Or buy me lunch and I'll do it :D

Deal. I would bugger it up. Wish I knew this a week ago....It would have been cool to have it done before my vacation...but I'm leaving Wednesday morning...and tomorrow sucks...and no telling what your lunch plans are :)

I'll catch you when I get back at the end of the month :beer:

Im going to try this on my 04 sienna, my wife would love to be able to watch the movie on our way to mammoth

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out the steps for the Gen 5 Nav system on an 07 LC?

TIA

this process i think is default on most toyota vehicles equipped with Navi.

its the exact same process for my 05 Prius.

i guess it should also work for newer versions...

This override doesn't seem to work on the 2007 LX470. I have searched for weeks and can't find a post verifying a hack for the 07. :meh: Chime in if you have. :beer:

traveller,
You probably have a newer map disc, somewhere around map disc 9.1 or 10.1 Toyota removed the ability to enter diagnostics via nav screen hence no more override.
The bad thing about this is the new disc does a firmware upgrade so even if you put your original 7.1 disc back in the override still won't work.
You can check what year map you have by selecting 'MAP DVD' under the menu screen.

I did the navigation wire cut mod several years ago to my 2002 LC and noticed that the GPS location marker flashes instead of being steady (whether parked or moving). I am fairly certain it was steady before the modification. I ended up undoing the mod, but it still flashes. With or without the mod my location is always correct on the map.

Does the Nav location marker flash on your modified and unmodified
head units?

If it is not supposed to flash but instead be steady any ideas on what the cause is?

I have a 2006 Tundra and it does not flash.

traveller,
You probably have a newer map disc, somewhere around map disc 9.1 or 10.1 Toyota removed the ability to enter diagnostics via nav screen hence no more override.
The bad thing about this is the new disc does a firmware upgrade so even if you put your original 7.1 disc back in the override still won't work.
You can check what year map you have by selecting 'MAP DVD' under the menu screen.

was really excited to try this until I kept scrolling and read that^ ha; I have v14.1, fail. guess it is prestigious society for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom