DVD playing while moving (success)! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took this project today in my 2002 LC. Worked beautifully - I followed the instructions found here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=16189&view=findpost&p=101454

This link should be the post entered by "laxman310", which describes the process very well without purchasing any additional equipment. It's just a matter of clipping a couple wires and grounding an end (once you get the nav system out).

The reason I'm posting is that the wire harness described was a different one on my 2002 (I believe his was a 2004). The wire colors were perfect, just a different set of wires. I've attached a pic, pointing to the right one for me. Took a leap of faith, and it worked like a champ - 15 minutes.
harness.jpg

Cada

Do you have bluetooth and if so does it work while moving? How about entering destinations on the go?

Hey there,

I don't have Bluetooth (unfortunately); I'll try the locations on the go tomorrow and get back to you.

CrusrDug said:
Cada

Do you have bluetooth and if so does it work while moving? How about entering destinations on the go?

CrusrDog,

I did this mod awhile back on my 04LX which has bluetooth. Doing this mod will allow you to enter a phone # while in motion. This will not allow you to enter a destination while in motion. You can access a hidden (Service) menu that will allow to enter a destination while in motion, but it resets back once to shut down the engine/power.
Do a search, I had posted this awhile back.

CTapia, that worked great on the destinations. Nice to have the option instead of having to pull over.

I can enter destinations while moving no problem...perhaps I have this service option turned on, but don't know it.

just did this mod, worked perfectly. had a user error which required splicing a wrong cut, guess i'll find out sooner or later if my splice was good :)

thanks!

This is definitely one of the most worthwhile mods, IMO. If the truck comes equipped with a monitor and DVD player but they only work when parked, what's the point! Not that I condone watching TV while driving, but it's nice to have the option to do so when sitting in traffic, at a red light, etc. Plus, the mod is gonna cost you $0!

This is definitely one of the most worthwhile mods, IMO. If the truck comes equipped with a monitor and DVD player but they only work when parked, what's the point! Not that I condone watching TV while driving, but it's nice to have the option to do so when sitting in traffic, at a red light, etc. Plus, the mod is gonna cost you $0!

Other than the secret menu, is there a way to get the address override as stated in your signature?

Other than the secret menu, is there a way to get the address override as stated in your signature?

Yes there is, but it requires an aftermarket part made by NAV-TV Corporation. It's a $400 part but allows addresses to be entered while in motion, as well as a rear-view camera to be installed and automatically activated when car is put into reverse. You can see for yourself at www.navtv.com, part# RGBLEX+. Even though it says it's for 2003+ Cruisers, it works with my 2002. A little pricey for what you get, but worthwhile to some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom