Fusible Link...'97 LX450...Fixed It! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I had posted this last year when the truck first died, and I just got around to working on it for the first time today. Here's the original link: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/478534-electrical-issue-need-ecm.html What I can't believe is that after $500 and a supposed expert mechanic worked on the truck when it first happened, he didn't even check the fusible link. If he had, he would have noticed the severed wire...ridiculous. I connected it tonight with another wire just to test it, and it cranked right up after sitting for probably close to a year. I can't believe it was something so simple. Ridiculous!

But, I wanted to make sure this was the correct part number my '97 before I tried to find it tomorrow: 90982-08264 My toyota parts store is closed tomorrow, but are these available at regular auto parts places too?

Thanks to everyone's vast knowledge on these trucks...I really appreciate it. Half a day of ripping the dash apart 3 seats, and I wasted all that time before just checking this one freakin' wire...hilarious.

Now, the big question is do I keep it or sell it like I originally had planned?? :)

Chris

I would not sub this part to aftermarket. It's not expensive and is tailored somewhat to the vehicle's specific loads, and designed to fail at a certain load in order to protect the entire electrical system. If it's been sitting a year, why rush to save the few days it will take to be shipped? Not likely to be in stock, so simmer down, Sparky.

DougM

Was just curious. I have to put most of the truck back together anyways, so I'm in no rush. Do you know if that's the correct part number for a '97?

Chris

K thanks guys. I'm going to put the rest of the truck back together today.

Chris

Here's a photo of the fusible link bundle:
Landcruiser fusible link 2.jpg

Keep an extra set in the glove box.

Sent from my DroidCruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom