Manuals, Factory Lit, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
A link to Morgan Fletcher's Literature: Land Cruisers in Print

The quote from me is wrong in the 1959 section, because later I learned the '59 did indeed have the thunderbird emblem, not the oval emblem. :eek:

IIRC James Asti has a healthy collection of early literature including a leather bound 25 manual.

I love the suicide door 28 wagon.

In case you were wondering how to operate that complicated FJ25:

1960 Owner Manual (Thanks Frank!)
1960om.jpg

Hey, Jim. Check out the posted factory lit on the '59 FJ-25. There's no apron-mounted air intake on those either. Wonder if the difference is between the Japanese domestic models and the US imported ones. The mystery continues . . . .

Steve

Sorry guys, I went back and made the files a little bigger. :D

Hey Jim.

I think I just figured out why there's no visible apron mounted air instakes on these photos. They're right-hand drives, so they must be on the other side. :doh:

Apparently I do have a non-stock drivers side apron on mine.

Steve

Cruiser_Nerd said:
I wonder what the three tailgate choices were?

Drop style, swing out and none? (I obviously paid extra for that last option.) ;)

Geez, kinda quiet around here lately. There's got to be something going on other than just my new frustrating brake problems. :confused:

I think fixed gate (not NO-gate) was the third, but don't know. :D

Check the 1959 in Morgan Fletcher's link. Seating- standard type bench seat fixed gate, type B bench seat drop gate, type C jump seats with two side gates, type D jump seats with drop gate.

John

Winter's Coming!

Time to hang that period accessory on the front of your 25 and go play in the salt! :doh:

1960 Western Plow Brochure

My dealer parts guy offered to let me scan all his early books on a sunday when closed... I think treeroot said he'd host since the early stuff have 45lv info in there to. So if all goes well it'll be on root45.com in the future... :)

wesintl said:
My dealer parts guy offered to let me scan all his early books on a sunday when closed... I think treeroot said he'd host since the early stuff have 45lv info in there to. So if all goes well it'll be on root45.com in the future... :)

Sounds like you have a good parts guy (does he ship?).

I've got the orange & red 25 parts book (7/63) and scanned the 1958 one. Leave yourself a ton of time, it takes a lot longer than you think. Also the pages are nearly transparent and difficult to get a good scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom