Rebuilt Warn 8274 + controller + cable, SF Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rebuilt Warn 8274 + controller + cable, SF Bay Area - $450

I bought this a long time ago from a mudder, but I've decided that I can't live without a PTO winch so out with the old...

I've never run this on my truck, but when I got it the brake was stuck and it had the usual problems so I stripped it down to individual parts and replaced all the bushings and seals, freed the brake, etc. Reassembled with antiseize on the splined cam. This is an older model without the freespool knob, which technically makes it an 8074 (easier to drive it out with the motor anyway).

Tested it yesterday with some jumper cables, all works perfectly. (Didn't repaint the drum, the cable would take it right off...) Cable is in good shape, and there is a LOT of it, hook on the end.

Comes with what you see PLUS THE CABLE! - $450. Shipping on your dime - it costs about $110 to reach the East coast.

5/15/09 EDIT: Price now $500.
7/01/09 EDIT: Price now $450 show me the monaaayyyy!
IMG_4678-800.jpg
IMG_4677-800.jpg
IMG_4681-800.jpg

Last edited:
what happens if I run this 12v winch off of my 24v system. I searched and didn't find any concrete answers. If it can't be done consider this a bump from a fellow BJ42 owner. If it will work without burning it up I may be interested.

... it would run twice as fast for about 20 seconds and then burn up. Thanks for the bump though.

In other news, I just put the cost of a rebuild kit on my credit card so it'd be awesome if someone bought this. :eek:

Why is the model,serial, and other information scraped off? It looks like the model number is a 8074 if there is such an animal. Looking for a 8274 but don't know much about winches.

Why is the model,serial, and other information scraped off? It looks like the model number is a 8074 if there is such an animal. Looking for a 8274 but don't know much about winches.
if you read my description, youll see that indeed its an 8074 and the only difference between that an an 8274 is the freespool clutch. most people would tell you that the freespool is not a critical feature.and nothing is scrapped off, there are holes in that label for the locations that the numbers are stamped into the housing itself.

Nice looking winch ya got there! Any chance you can snap a pic of the cable?.....no fairlead eh?
Shoot some more pics to: jeffvanwyk@yahoo.com if you could- I'd appreciate it!
(Looking in my wife's purse for $$)

what is the date ? I can't make it out in the pic.Can I get a shipping $ to 06438? OH YA BUMP!

"Date Code" is B06 (whatever the hell that means). Serial # is 67786

your PM box is full, but shipping to you is $110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom