5687 or belleview? winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dont really know any infor about this winch besides it came with my truck. No need for it right now and need money asap. so first one with 90obo gets it. Dont know if it works or have much time to try so. Really busy with school right now sorry.

DSCF0686.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

Eric
Thank you for looking
Loc in socali anaheim 92805
Easy way to get at me is my cell phone leave a voice mail if i dont pick up
714-552-6837

It is one of the ones Warn built right after they bought Bellview. I believe they are a late 1960's/early 1970's vintage. Poser can confirm or deni this for fact. Most were cable actuated with blue sheathed cables that went into the cab. I have three of them.

Eric, yours is missing all the engage and disengage hardware as well as the brake band on the right side of the unit.

Please don't think that I'm bashing you, I'm just giving you a little info on what you have.

ya, mine had all the cables and stuff. people have told me about the brake. but im brian less about this winch. so if anyone knows and would like to rebuild it i guess. who knows. lol. thanks,

You bring your tow rig next weekend? to marks?

Eric
OBO

i'll buy it

i'll buy it if you still have it. Do you know if parts for it are still available?

dont know anything about this winch or winchs in facted. so you could maybe look up or something. read you still could get some parts but idk what kind. i reply to your pm

Well, I got a Warn-Belleview 6000 (5687?) -used- in about 1971, with in-cab cable controls, for my '63 FJ45. It was to replace the factory PTO because the PTO kept shearing its shear pins. You haven't lived until your PTO shears and free-wheels you back from a treacherous dangle!
Anyway, loved the 6000 - it never stalled and recovered me and several fellow travelers.

Got an 8000 in '73 because, well, 8000 is better than 6000, right?
Hardly. They changed the gearing. The 8000 wound in faster but it stalled on several pulls. Got me into but not out of some deep DooDoo. And the no-load wind-in was too fast to do a good job of re-spooling.
(Still have the Land Cruiser - sure wish I had the PTO because it might be worth something today! Oh, wait - maybe THAT's what's in that box up there!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom