August POTM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to TXJAKE, who traded for my 80, I am the proud new owner of this 1969 piggy, #816 (built in 68). This is such a new experience for me! After 5 years of driving and working on pigs, I find myself worried about where I park so the paint stays nice. And the door hinge pins are tight, so no tricks are required to close the doors and keep them closed. And no leaks! Life is good… Here are a few details of what is and what is to be:

-Gray and white Zolotone industrial paint with fresh coat of automotive glossy paint by MAACO over it, white bed liner on roof
-2F engine and four speed/xfer case from a 77, stock carb, desmogged
-BFG 33 x 12.5's on MT Classics, spacers in front to (mostly) clear fenders
-45 gallon MAF fuel tank, no level indication
-Sunroof and custom interior dome and directional map lights
-New headliner, which makes the carpet and upholstery look old and faded
-SOR spare tire mount in cargo area
-Custom tube bumpers, expedition size with room for winch and cargo, air reservoir in front
-AM/FM cassette stero

Soon to come, as time and money allow, mostly in order of priority:

-Ford F150 or GM equivalent front bucket seats with integral seat belts
-Headlight relay mod and some real headlights
-CD stereo, iPod/iPhone ready or w/Bluetooth adapter, upgraded speakers
-Center console w/cup holders at front and rear (and if locks too, all the better)
-New carpet and upholstery
-High Lift jack (it’s in the garage, ready to go)
-Bike rack mod for rear “shelf” bumper
-Disk brake front axle, with associated booster and proportioning valve
-Winch
-Kinder gentler springs
-SOA and shackle reversal (so maybe cut and turn front axel change above)
-o.k., been spoiled by the 80, maybe A/C one day.....
FJ55 pics 001.jpg
FJ55 pics 002.jpg
FJ55 pics 004.jpg

........spoken by a man who knows. Its a nice ride Ginzu and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.........don't forget to send some action pics/stories about this coooooooool grey and white swine.:steer:dave

Just looked at the posting for this a couple days ago and was bummed it sold. You got a great Pig!!

Dome light was installed by a PO, but sure looks like ones I've seen in aftermarket catalogs long ago. JC Whittney, maybe. Thanks for all the nice comments!

Nice looking pig, I am going to start work on the two old pigs I bought from you soon.

-Gray and white Zolotone industrial paint with fresh coat of automotive glossy paint by MAACO over it-

??
Maaco over the whole pig? or just the white? What's the zolotone? Primer?

Nice pig. And I dig the sunroof.

Looks real clean. Any rust issues? What kind of springs are you considering? I'd like to see more photos, particuarly of the interior and engine compartment.

??
Maaco over the whole pig? or just the white? What's the zolotone? Primer?

Nice pig. And I dig the sunroof.

I'll jump in here...

The Zolatone is a top coat, industrial grade coating. looks like splatter paint. has a small texture to it. What you see is the Maaco grey & white. Roof & zolatone was done by PO before me. Roof is herculined.

Thanks for jumping in, TXJAKE! No real rust issues. I am going to watch a couple of spots that have paint rubbing off, and one or two spots of light surface rust. I'll try to post up some more pics when I get back to Texas, where my pig lies waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom