April POTM, Naughty Nelli (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Friends,
I have had my 1973 FJ55 for a few years now. Used to own an FJ40, but sold it as it wasn't enough for my growing family.

So i got this FJ55 and it was pretty rough.

So far, I have rebuild the axles, put disc brakes on the front and plan to do the same to the rear. I replaced the springs with new ones and a bit of a lift. I got a set of stock wheels and hub caps and had the blasted and powdercoated, they look sweet.

Now i am onto the engine and body. The truck runs great and i like running her around town. I call her Naughty Nellie after a greta beer brewed at he Pike Brewing COmpany in Seattle. I am looking for a good body person around Seattle. Know anyone that you can recommend?

I belong to the Seattle Cruiserheads, a great club with a great bunch of dudes. I am planning on hosting a show and shine for landcruisers this June at Saint Edward State Park in Kenmore, WA. THis year, will be pretty small, but hope to expand it for next year. Stop by or shoot me an email. Thank you for letting me show off my truck.
sc00366f3f01.jpg
fj55snow.jpg
fj55808a.jpg

I don't know what your budget is but I can say it will go further in Central America than in Seattle. After having visitied Paul Pilgrim, I'd be bringing it there for any body restoration. Do a search on him and you'll find he makes most, if not all, the FJ40 replacement sheet metal!

I used a Rough Country 4" Lift, all new springs, shocks, U bolts, skid plates, and steering stabilizer. This kit was discontinued several years ago, but i found a guy in Cali who bought it for his FJ55, then totaled it. He found it in his garage and sold it to me. I also put on shackles and urethane bushings.

Moham,

Great 55...bet it turns a lot of heads. Seattle Cruiserheads' website is pretty nice....looks like a laid back group:beer:...would like to see a group photo of all you guys/gals. Dave

ps...can't remember if I've seen interior shots of yer rig

Hey Bud,
Yes it is a laid back group 4 sure! we met the other night, here is a photo. I am the one in the green hat.

There are a lot of cool trucks in our club. I wimped out and did not drive the 55 and took the Tundra instead.

So the issue right now with my FJ55 is wiring and the debate went on at and after the meeting. I am having issues with the PO wiring program! He had all kinds of CR#P mounted and wired all over the place. I took it all out, but now have significant issues with power to the dash and gauges etc.

The debate is repair the stock, or go with a totally new harness. If i repair, cool, but if i go new, what harness is the best and what would you suggest?

What do you all think?
SC42k9c.jpg

Oh, and my interior is absolutely clean except for some tears in the drivers side of the bench. My wife made seat belts and they look great! I have to recover the seats or possibly put in buckets? I sat in Basher's FJ55 last week at the meeting and he had Acura seats in it, electric with heat, very nice!

So I will get shots of the interior, but here are the seat belts my wife made for me after i cleaned up the hardware.
seatbelts.jpg

Hey Bud,

So the issue right now with my FJ55 is wiring and the debate went on at and after the meeting. I am having issues with the PO wiring program! He had all kinds of CR#P mounted and wired all over the place. I took it all out, but now have significant issues with power to the dash and gauges etc.

The debate is repair the stock, or go with a totally new harness. If i repair, cool, but if i go new, what harness is the best and what would you suggest?
?

new harness will mean adapting a universal harness. don't know if they're the same, but i'll have the harness from a 75 pulled out soon;)

Hey Nuclearmon,
i actually have a complete harness from a 1973 and a under dash/engine part of the harness for a 1974. I guess the debate is to or not to put in a modern harness. I am actually looking at the Kwik Wire harness. yes it is universal, but can custom fit my 55. New and better and modern -vs- old and stock.
That is the discussion i am looking for.

thoughts?

ideas?

comments?

suggestions?

xmas trees?

rainbows?

new wiring is always good. a 36 year old harness is going to have corrosion and possibly compromised strands within the insulation, plus just plain isn't the quality that some wiring is these days.

Lomass, Oh Lomass,
where are you my friend??

He makes most if not all of the FJ40 replacement sheet metal. You really need to see his shop. Incredible! I was there a few weeks ago to get him to reproduce some parts for the LV and I'll be there again in late May/early June to pick up the completed parts. Wanna come along? He's in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom