Rotm: Rhino (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOA and SR
currently building a new front bumper
rear bumper with swing out
body integrated sliders
FJ60 power steering with crossover and beefy rods
isuzu 4BD1T turbo diesel engine
5 speed tranny
marlin 4.7 doubler
4 speed case with plate steel bolted on to keep it together thus far.
4 wheel disc
traction bar
OBA
filled in the rear side windows with steel
bucket seats and ammo can center console
late model toyota truck steering wheel
c.b., am/fm cd player
rear box/drawer that holds all the recovery, repair and a few days of survival gear.
and a beer bottle opener

i think thats about it,, still a pretty simple rig with most of the right mods.

i know i know, you want pics,, ok here goes.

1: an overall pic of the rig
2: rear bumper, swingout tire carrier
3: sliders
000_0002.JPG
000_0001.JPG
000_0012.JPG

Last edited:
1: under the front with discs, steering, SOA and SR
2: under the rear with discs, traction bar, exhaust routing, air tank, water separator and shocks set-up
3: engine bay
000_0003.JPG
000_0011.JPG
000_0004.JPG

1: cockpit
2: in the back showing box/drawer, hi lift mount ect.
3: how i did the sheet metal to keep the lines of the window and of course the bottle opener
000_0010.JPG
000_0006.JPG
000_0013.JPG

Good story Rhino.
My favorite features are your diesel, your 5spd, your discs, and your bottle opener.

I want that diesel!!

I like what you did with the turn signals under the head lights. Kinda D90-ish looking. What did you use for those?

Great looking rig!

I like the paint scheme and the way you filled in the rear windows.Did you weld the sheet metal in or can you go back to glass if you choose?
Looks like you got that mix of trail/expedition you wanted and that diesel is sweet.

BTW - you're still in AZ.You still have the girl?:grinpimp:

thanks guys:)

chuck the signals under the headlights are gone now, but they were just generic running lights, i have motorcycle turn signals mounted on the fender skirts ala the early '69 i had.

old fj, i stitch welded the sheet in, it can be removed easy enough but i'll never go back to glass, broke it too much and i like the panel wagon look.

p.s. still have the girl and, unfortunately, two teenage kids.:doh:

This is a great rig and I'm happy to say I'm one of the fortunate ones to see this in person and even got a chance to drive it! This is the ride that really sold me on the whole Isuzu diesel route which I'm slowly getting together.

Rhino-For your steering, did you change the whole column or just the wheel. That's the next task for mine is figuring out a suitable steering column.

wow you make my rig sound so special !!

i just changed the wheel, still the 55 column.

That nice rig, and the SOA looks great, can I ask if the tie rods Are OEM, I am tring to make something like that on my one, come down to Costa Rica, the rainy season start in one month and the color of the mud here, match with your car

:beer::p:steer:

i'd love to cruise around south america, maybe some day.

tie rods are .250 wall with FJ80 tre's.

actually is central America, south america is kind 3 weeks drive from AZ, thanks for the info man, always very helpfull :cheers::steer:

another thing ,,, ISUZU engines rocks, i planing to 15B on mine is kind the toyota version of the ISUZU 4.1 liter , i have a friend here that has ISUZU and runs great that engines have no complaines at all
:beer::beer::steer::hillbilly:

my son does youtube so i'll see if he wants to help me out with that,,, actually a cool idea to put up a vid or two from outside driving by and maybe an in cab vid,,, i'll work on it.

Clay........awesome..only thing better sounding than an F or 2F is a diesel growling:bounce::bounce2:

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom