1962 fj40 original owner, 42,000 orig mi CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys found this today. its a "one owner" and "42k orig mi" price is $10k havent seen pics so not so sure what its worth.

if you get some pics please post

...just clicked the link,and it went to a Honda Civic for sale :frown:

It's still working for me:hmm: I will PM the phone number if someone really wants it. I hate posting someone's #. Once his ad on CL is gone so will his number, not so here.

I think he was talking about FJ40. I know I've seen that FJ25 before. It may have been on Ebay a year or so ago and took a couple times to sell. The add really doesn't say how original it is either.

It's still working for me:hmm: I will PM the phone number if someone really wants it. I hate posting someone's #. Once his ad on CL is gone so will his number, not so here.

No need...was just curious to collect some pics maybe...really in no position to buy.

I think he was talking about FJ40. I know I've seen that FJ25 before. It may have been on Ebay a year or so ago and took a couple times to sell. The add really doesn't say how original it is either.

Oh yeah! I think I remember it too. It was in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The guy kept listing it and taking it down. Then it would come back up with some story about a neighbor wanting it and backing out of the deal. It wasn't in running condition at the time. I don't remember how much he was asking.

dude sent me some photos

looks in restorable condition, but high cost considering in my opinion

4877106105_5dfdd33c00_b.jpg

4877106669_109476ec77_b.jpg

4877716106_09d17e3767_b.jpg

4877106425_a9bfe35b90_b.jpg

Looks very restoreable. The rear floor may need some work plus no clear picture of the rear sill. I agree the price seems high. I bought a 61 titled as a 62. Rear sill is bad but the rest is great shape. This ones front seats are in better shape but my came with the correct PTO and winch for about a fifth of his price.

What a great '62...steep yes, but what a gem.

John, you did manage a great buy with your '61...I doubt I could ever be so lucky to find THE early 40 that I would love to have...a '61 or '62 to go with my '64.

I begining to think the inside of the 63 I have is still the original color. It's the same blue with what I believe is a red primer under it. It was titled 63 but has a 62 production date. It is a newer production than this one. It has defrost vents in the windshield. Going on that info this one probably has the original paint. Very original cruiser but the price seems a little high. The FJ25 hard top that just sold was in as good a shape or better and less than half the price.

the owner wrote back this:

"Ill get the pics of the bay to you asap. Since 1968 its had four miles put on it. And I had it running two years ago. Otherwise its been sitting in the barn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom