CSC October Meeting Agenda 10.18.2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM sharp NOTE: earlier start time

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members by CHUY
  • New CSC winter swag discussion and orders
  • Run of the month - Details and overview on up coming ROTM
  • ROCKJOCK will be showcasing, discussing, and answering questions on his Chevy V8 powered 80 series.
  • Introduction on 2 new product for the FZJ80. Available to CSC members first
We will limit the meeting to a maximum of 1 hour.

*Run of the month has been very successful in the past so its back for people that want to go on runs but need to plan in advance. We will be looking for volunteers each month for the ROTM (run of the month). Its your run and includes anywhere you want, any day in the month, overnight, night run, even a scenic dirt road drive. Again its your run and your chance to get involved and meet new members.

Looking forward to seeing Rockjocks 80

Is he giving rides? :steer::hillbilly:

Please video a ride please and post up the swag suggestions, I need to represent up here.

Im not 100% sure if I can make this meet. I am moving this weekend so it depends how far we get Friday.

Im not 100% sure if I can make this meet. I am moving this weekend so it depends how far we get Friday.

Come on man I'm waiting for my T-shirt!

Come on man I'm waiting for my T-shirt!

If he is a no show drive to his new house and showcase how a 6.0L can do spectacular doughnuts on his lawn:steer:

Rockjock/bowtiestang:
You guys work today? Can you arrive in the Phoenix metro area early, before the meet? We can enjoy some Mexican food before the meet up? Several members have been known to cruise los dos molinos prior to the meet.

I would offer to buy you guys a beer, but I'm sure Phil and the rest of the welcoming committee will want to have that honor. AZ revised statute discourages the rest of us also buying you guys beers. So, I will offer to buy you guys a beer on your third or tenth time up :)
:cheers:

I just got home from work going to hit a quick nap. We will try to leave Tucson around 330-4 and head up. Im always down for some good mexican food. Bowtiestang will be in Las Vegas this week :)

So, how was the LS1 in the 80? Did someone shoot any video or pictures as he did the new member roll?

I have been reading with interest the V8 conversion, spent some time going over Slee's 4.7 conversion and while I like it the LS1 power would be hard to turn away.

Did RockJock give a detailed explanation of the conversion effort, the wiring part has to be the biggest pain and the computer swap?

If anyone caught some good pictures please post them up.

Well - reading through this thread I see it mentioned, but no details. Sooos... what is the ROTM for October or November (details like when/where/critical level [e.g. do you need a 20" lift kit and 48" jacks to get over the first rock]) ???

Curious minds want to know!

Who has ROTM for November?

Longduck...Thomas I believe has it

CSC Oct 2013 meeting pictures

The nice evening weather is settling in nicely and another good turnout for the October meeting. For some reason I did not get a count of the number and types of vehicles but you can figure it out based on some of the pictures. Murf came out with a box of backpacks with a Toyota log on it and we all thank him for them. Rockjock drove up from Tucson with his V-8 power 80 series land cruiser. Thanks for driving up and displaying it for us. Nicely done.

The meeting include the ROTM for October was cancelled but a quick trip to Sheepsbridge was in order. Some new products from LCP were displayed and discussed. These include rock rails for 80 and 100 series and sway bar disconnects for 80 series. Operators standing by for orders.

ROTM for November is being organized by LongDuck and always looking for volunteers for upcoming months. If your interested in organizing a Run of the Month(ROTM) just start a thread. The more advanced notification the better. Until then see you next month

CSC1310_01.jpg

CSC1310_02.jpg

CSC1310_03.jpg

CSC1310_04.jpg

CSC1310_05.jpg

Last edited:

The V-* powered 80 series, and assorted cruiser pictures

CSC1310_06.jpg

CSC1310_07.jpg

CSC1310_08.jpg

CSC1310_09.jpg

CSC1310_10.jpg

Some more 80 shots and MtKrietz brought some free goodies and his 100 series to the meet

CSC1310_11.jpg

CSC1310_12.jpg

CSC1310_13.jpg

CSC1310_14.jpg

CSC1310_15.jpg

Couple of FJC, Rockjocks V-8 80 series, Jeff's gutted LX, Murf 40 series,

CSC1310_16.jpg

CSC1310_17.jpg

CSC1310_18.jpg

CSC1310_19.jpg

CSC1310_20.jpg