Need to replace wire connection HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star
Threads
Starter problems all along and still had them after a rebuilt starter. Tracked down wiring and found a broken connection at the Park/Neutral Safety switch harness plug.

None of my standard connectors fit correctly. Where can I get a new connector like the one that is pulled out in good shape? CDan maybe? I don't think I can explain it without the picture.

TIA as my 80 is sitting in the garage awaiting repair!
PN Switch 1.jpg

I would order everything from CruiserDan; plug, wire splices, rubber boots; everything he has to replace that complete plug.

Hmmm. On second look at the plug and the location, just replace that bad terminal and clean it up the best you can. Put some dielectric grease in there to help with the corrosion problems.

-B-

Last edited:
Oh, and brace yourself. You aren't going to believe what those little metal ends cost. :crybaby:

Oh boy, I guess I will find out in the morning...

Glad you saw this Dan, it will make my explanation much easier to understand. Talk to you in the morning.

Garett

I will need the 5 digit number that is moulded into the back of the connector.

11332 is what it appears to be.

TOY350, could you take another pic or two of the area where that connector is? I'm trying to find it on mine, and it's driving me nuts. Much obliged!

Crawl under from the passenger side look at the back end of the tranny up above your driveline. This plug goes straight down towards the ground into the Park/Nuetral Safety switch plug. It is close to the shifter linkage on the tranny. I don't know if these pics weill help or not, but here you go.
PN Switch 3.jpg
PN Switch 2.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I'm going to go take a look.

11332 is what it appears to be.

90980-11332, 10 cavities, 8 small and 2 large. The small splices are 82998-12440 and the large ones are 82998-12480

Crawl under from the passenger side look at the back end of the tranny up above your driveline. This plug goes straight down towards the ground into the Park/Nuetral Safety switch plug. It is close to the shifter linkage on the tranny. I don't know if these pics weill help or not, but here you go.

Found it! Turns out the top bolt was loose, causing all my intermittant starts. I'm a happy camper now. Thanks for the pics. :beer::beer:

Found it! Turns out the top bolt was loose, causing all my intermittant starts. I'm a happy camper now. Thanks for the pics. :beer::beer:

RIGHT ON!!! Glad you got the damn thing figured out, what a pain this has been for me as well.

Parts from CDan on the way, will splice in all new wires and connector. Then I will run it for a week to make sure my problem is solved. If it is, then I will follow up on the original post for future references.

I hope that is all for you! I dunno about you, but after a week of messing around, measuring voltages and resistance and doing other tests, my head was going screwy! It's nice when the solution is easy (Finding the solution is the hard part!)

So is all well now?? I am chasing a intermitent starting problem...I am going to look at this plug today hopfully....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom