Headliner replaced... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My headliner was sagging and dirty after 10 years; but I couldn’t justify the cost of new OEM headliner $1,225.67

So, I went searching on the internet and came across a site http://www.wlsheadliners.com (no affiliation whatsoever) and ordered 3.5 yards (126") of 60" wide headliner material (saddle color), 2 spray adhesives (3M Hi-Tack 76) for US$71.15 plus shipping. And after 12 hours (over couple of days) of patience and labor, I now have clean headliner.

Picture 1: Showing headliner after old stuff all scraped off…
Picture 2: Headliner material installed to the headliner board...
Picture 3: All trimmed and ready to be assembled…
Picture 4: All done…

Enjoy…

:beer:
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

pic 4...
pic4.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!

I vote for a sticky!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely amazing!!! My headliner is still in pretty good shape, but I know someday it will need some help.

If you have the time, could you walk through the procedure of pulling the headliner? If that is too involved, forget about it.

Once again, that looks amazing!

:cheers: Riley

Maybe a write up in more detail might be completed so it could be posted in the tech section on repairs/replacement. Your experience may help others not reinvent the process all over again. BTW very nice work!

Very nice. I'm contemplating doing my entire interior over in black suede and this thread has made me want to do it even more! Looks great and good job.

Thanks all for the compliments!
As we speak, I am going back and gathering all the requirements such as tools and materials needed to complete this job with detailed procedure. No promises as to when, but I plan on writing one...

:beer:

that kicks a*s

That looks AWESOME!!:beer::beer::beer:

Did you happen to take any pictures of the interior with the headliner down.

I'd really be interested in the DS front, under the visor.

AWESOME:cheers:

Could you explain how you scrapped off the old "fuz" or headliner material....?

Dude, that is freaking amazing. Absolutely beautiful. My headliner looks awful and I have been wondering how to clean it. Your work there is truly inspiring. Please post a detailed write up so I can do this without damaging my headliner. And I thank you in advance for your effort!

I was wondering the same thing. It would definitely be helpful to spend some time on that specific step if you're going to do a longer, more in-depth write-up.

I used stiff bristle brush and small wire brush size of tooth brush for the hard to reach areas. Be very GENTLE when using wire brush though... don't want any damage to headliner board!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom