New (shaved) seats and brackets in my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to you share my new seat setup. It's a summit racing seat. I really like sport seat feeling, feels like it's got a hold on you. Plus the seat is higher now I really feel like i can see over my hood:p. It also leaves plenty of headroom.

Rear Bracket

Front Bracket

In the process of the install I needed to fab up some brackets as most all other seats are not bolt in. (I want to keep this on the tech side but incase you're interested on more info about the seat brackets check out this thread in the for sale section for more information. If you have questions about the brackets please post in the for sale thread only. https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/397664-new-seat-custom-seat-bracket-interest.html

I also took the passenger seat to the local upholster had him shave down the foam and reform/stitch the vinyl on the entry side of the seat. It has made getting in alot easier for wife. I'll be doing the same to the driver seat.

I was thinking about a set of these brackets for my suspension seats but was reluctant to mount my seats without a provision for sliding back and forth, as well as without a provision for setting rake. This is more of an issue for me as my seats don't recline.

How did you decide on your final seat position? If you wanted your seat any farther back, would that be possible with your mounts?

I was thinking about a set of these brackets for my suspension seats but was reluctant to mount my seats without a provision for sliding back and forth, as well as without a provision for setting rake. This is more of an issue for me as my seats don't recline.

How did you decide on your final seat position? If you wanted your seat any farther back, would that be possible with your mounts?

The silver looking ones were both modeled after the stock rails brackets. Which put me pretty high with summit racing seat. The rear angle was made to match the stock rails @ approx 15 degree's. The newer version is low profile with the 15 degrees rears. But I'm short so I'm still rolling the Hi-chair version :steer:

The front bracket would extend 3 inches back and the rear has 2.75" of bolt-able area. Since I didn't need the excess I cut it off and only kept about 2" of the front bracket. I guess if I needed more leg room I could have bolted the seat rail further back on the brackets. You might run out of run on the rear depend how many bolts you use to attach it to the seat.

I guessing you're not planning on running a seat rail that lets you slide it forward or backward?

If it's still not clear we can talk at length off line. Shoot me a PM:)

The silver looking ones were both modeled after the stock rails brackets. Which put me pretty high with summit racing seat. The rear angle was made to match the stock rails @ approx 15 degree's. The newer version is low profile with the 15 degrees rears. But I'm short so I'm still rolling the Hi-chair version :steer:

The front bracket would extend 3 inches back and the rear has 2.75" of bolt-able area. Since I didn't need the excess I cut it off and only kept about 2" of the front bracket. I guess if I needed more leg room I could have bolted the seat rail further back on the brackets. You might run out of run on the rear depend how many bolts you use to attach it to the seat.

I guessing you're not planning on running a seat rail that lets you slide it forward or backward?

If it's still not clear we can talk at length off line. Shoot me a PM:)

I have my particular seats mounted using unmodified stock seat rails and a piece of flat stock per side, but was considering mounting them lower. I love being able to adjust back and forth though, not sure I'd want to lose that. Either way, very cool brackets!

Can you post pictures of how you incorporated the mount closest to the transmission tunnel? Did you retain the bracket that the seat rail mounts to or did you ditch it and design something new?

I have my particular seats mounted using unmodified stock seat rails and a piece of flat stock per side, but was considering mounting them lower. I love being able to adjust back and forth though, not sure I'd want to lose that. Either way, very cool brackets!

Can you post pictures of how you incorporated the mount closest to the transmission tunnel? Did you retain the bracket that the seat rail mounts to or did you ditch it and design something new?

BTW the seats are on slides, so the seats are not fixed, not sure if that wasn't clear. The transmission is reciprocal/mirror image of the front bracket that shows driver door side, if you can image that. I'll get picture up sometime. I didn't retain any of the stock slides or brackets in this setup.

BTW the seats are on slides, so the seats are not fixed, not sure if that wasn't clear. The transmission is reciprocal/mirror image of the front bracket that shows driver door side, if you can image that. I'll get picture up sometime. I didn't retain any of the stock slides or brackets in this setup.

Oh, gotcha! I didn't click the pictures before I was envisioning how I'd use your setup. I have now and understand, sorry for the dumb move!

So if you have some flat mount seat sliders mounted to aftermarket seats, your system is the way to go. Very cool man!

A guy on a baja forum made his seats tilt using a simple linkage with a lead screw centered under the seat. The seat adjuster/sliders bolt to his tilt mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom