Gear Calculator (Microsoft Excel) Download (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a gear calculator I made awhile back before I put in my toybox and updated it today. I have checked it with my setup and it is dead on. You can download it here but you need Microsoft Excel. This should help answers anyone question about different tire and gear setups.

http://sites.google.com/site/nocalfj60/gears/gearsmud.xls

Let me know what you think or what you would like to see in it that I left out. Also let me know if you find any mistakes and I will fix them. I locked the entire sheet for now. The actual tire size differs between tires. I plan on making the field revs/mile changeable so you can put that in to make it more accurate. When you open it shows the stock FJ60 setup and the yellow fields can be changed.

Enjoy.:beer:

Last edited:
I just changed the tire size to the 31-10.50 option and the mph/kph calcs don't display correctly.
I'm interested in acquiring an unlocked version so that I might include the trans and t/c options that I'm considering.

Last edited:
I just changed the tire size to the 31-10.50 option and the mph/kph calcs don't display correctly.
I'm interested in acquiring an unlocked version so that I might include the trans and t/c options that I'm considering.

Does it say #VALUE! ? Where you choose your gear if you go to 5th gear with a 4 speed transmission it will display that. What are the other settings when it doesn't display correctly. What transmission and transfer case are you considering?

Updated the file on the server with some small changes to better calculate gear ratio needed.

Displayed "#NAME" in one column and "#VALUE" in the other column. With the protection on, Excel WTF this latest screwed up version is won't let me even change the yellow boxes.

700R4 and an NP241

With the protection on, Excel WTF this latest screwed up version is won't let me even change the yellow boxes.

same here. all of the boxes are protected and needs a password to unprotect it.

I will fix it this weekend.

Can't change any of the gear choices or tires sizes. Running Excel Office 2003.
Any chance of getting an unlocked version??

30 x 9.5 ?

30 x 9.5 ?

I will add that size this weekend too. My version of excel for mac lets me change the cells with the pull down menus to see different options on the file in the link above.

Thanks...Great Calculator

Updated the file in the link at top.

Added 30 x 9.5
Unlocked the yellow cells
Added 700R4 & NP241

If the km/mile doesn't show correctly, then go Tools>Add-ins and add Analysis Toolpak and click OK.

It is not straight forward to add new gears,transmissions, and transfer cases so the chart at bottom shows up correctly. Let me know what you see on your speedometer or odometer vs. the chart.

Let me know if it works for you as well as if you are having problems. Anyone able to use it find before this update?

Ask and I will add what you like to it.

All of the combos that I tried worked fine! Good Job!

Have you thought about adding the metric tire sizes into the tire size options?

All of the combos that I tried worked fine! Good Job!

Have you thought about adding the metric tire sizes into the tire size options?

Good idea. I will add some of the metric sizes for 16" wheels.

What metric sizes do people want to see added?

Off the bottom of my head:
255/85-R16
285/75-R16
305/70-R16
315/75-R16

I love it! This confirms in my head that 33"s with 3.7s are effectively the same as having 35s with 4.11s.

Thank you!

You have a locked cell at K4 where you have a prompt to "Enter Revs/mile:"
Is this supposed to change w/ the tire size or was it intended to be an alternative input for tire size?

You have a locked cell at K4 where you have a prompt to "Enter Revs/mile:"
Is this supposed to change w/ the tire size or was it intended to be an alternative input for tire size?

I will fix that on next update. It was going to make it an option to select a tire size or let you enter the revs/mile. The revs/mile is on most tire spec. sheets on the manufacturer website.

I added some metric sizes to the file. I decided that using the revs/mile would be too inaccurate so I took that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom