Is a NAPA oil filter considered OEM spec? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Just wondering. Shop that changed my oil claims it is.

Mac-One of these on my FJ60 and FJ40 right now. I run them when I'm out of the Toyota "big" filter. They have a great reputation, and seem very nicely made. Make sure to use the Napa "Gold" and not the Silver.

My general take on 2Fs is that they don't reallly care about fuel quality, oil quality or oil filters. They just run and get the job done, slowly.

Here it goes..

I buy my filters at Wal Mart. Yup, good old Wal Mart brand. And guess what? They have an astonishingly high first pass efficiency rating, higher than any other filter I have seen, a neoprene back flow valve and have a high amount of filter media. And of course there is the price, about $2.00. Can't beat that.

I buy my filters at Wal Mart. Yup, good old Wal Mart brand. And guess what? They have an astonishingly high first pass efficiency rating, higher than any other filter I have seen, a neoprene back flow valve and have a high amount of filter media. And of course there is the price, about $2.00. Can't beat that.

Where are the wally-world filters made?

Just to cap this thread:

Wal-Mart filters (super tech) are made by Champion Labs in the USA.

Clueless on that one chief, but I can guess. After swapping to a Chevy motor, I ended up with the same filter on a remote setup mounted to the driver's side fender enroute to the oil cooler.

Copy Cat!!!!:flipoff2:

use the NAPA gold filter or wix filter, good quality. Or go get the yota brand. THe most important this is to change teh filter and oil at regular intervals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom