Here's my roof rack... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
Threads
It's aluminum, under 100 lbs and on Quick n easy mounts. The mounts are a little high for me. BUT it's what I had. So a way we go this way for now.

The rack is made by a trailer company in Calgary, meant for e full size van to carry people to Banff. I bought it for 400 bucks. Had it sit in my yard for 3 years. Now I paid 230 to have it cut smaller and welded.

So 630 for the rack. And 125 for 6 quick and easy mounts. Not too bad for a light rack.

P4160002.jpg
P4160001.jpg

Looks nice. You could put a lot up there with those high sides. Also your cruiser looks clean. My favorite color. :)

Looks stout! Do you mind sharing who the company is? I wonder if you could find one of those at a wreckers.... or a white-water launch site :hmm:

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on the Gp 65 battery. :cheers: Finally got around to dropping it in, what a difference!! The Napa guy said they are made by East-Penn, the ones that make the Dekas.

I'd have to look at the sticker. But it was in Calgary. Look at the tour vans, they all run them. They are just fn big before you cut them to size.

Looks nice. You could put a lot up there with those high sides. Also your cruiser looks clean. My favorite color. :)

Yes white is nice. Hides scratches and is easy to touch up,

Thanks to 2river for helping me heave this up on top today :beer:

That thing will hold a lot of stuff!

Are those 4 runner wheels?

Looks stout! Do you mind sharing who the company is? I wonder if you could find one of those at a wreckers.... or a white-water launch site :hmm:

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on the Gp 65 battery. :cheers: Finally got around to dropping it in, what a difference!! The Napa guy said they are made by East-Penn, the ones that make the Dekas.

Rock Alta trailers in Calgary made the rack, then I had it re-sized it.

I'm sure they could make one to your specs. I like Aluminum for a rack. Keeps it light up top.

Good to hear about the batteries. My 65 series legends seem pretty strong soo far. East Penn is major battery builder. They make dozens of names,.

Calgary

Nice rig ... have you taken the rack out on the highway yet? How's the wind noise?

I didn't know you were in calgary - I've caught a few glimpses of a white 60 in hillhurst - is that you? [houses look right...]

I'm not in Calgary. I'm in BC. But I used to live there about 3.5 years ago.

The wind noise is fine. Not bad at all. I never heard a howl or whistle.. But I have only driven it 20 mins on the highway so far. Ask me after I drive it to Utah and back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom