Almost Done Pix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
I'm about 1/2 done on the buildup of my 60 and I decided to add these pics and see what other expedition build-up suggestions you all might have. It's an 87 Cali. truck with 211K, all oem stuff on it. ARB, BDS lift, 32 BFG MT's, alumin. roof rack being built, rear bumper being built, deciding on the locker now..Any suggestions would be great...View attachment 125963thanks.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion....Give it to me when you are done. Seriously, it all depends on what you want to do, but a rear drawer system might be nice. Any decision on where you will put the spare? on the roof rack is easy, but if you are having the bumper built, a swing out is easier on the back. Give some more speciifcs on your buildup. Thanks.

Sorry about that....I'm building it as a expedition/camping rig for my son and I to explore Colorado, Utah, S/W. The rear bumper is going to be a swing out tire carrier with fuel can and hi-lift. My goal is to keep things as OEM and simple as possible so taht it can be fixed in the field. The roof rack will carry the roof tent and minor supplies.

Looks sharp. I'm digging the two-tone paint.

Here they are. Side view. And rear ...
side.jpg
rear.jpg

Wow, we have the same paint job.
003.jpg

Sweet looking! Britklr's is pristine. I asked him to send me pics of the engine and interior, and I will post it for him. It truly is in like new condition.

maybe he will update his sig line....... :rolleyes:

Exrsa1

I think a blacked out grille like 82SOA would finish it off. I like your seats also.

Here they are. Side view. And rear ...

I know it's a little off topic, but what wheels are you running? Those look like the Mojave American Racings I've been eyeballing...

Someday my rig will look that good.

I like that paint Scheme.

Put some sliders on there.

I think a blacked out grille like 82SOA would finish it off. I like your seats also.

The blacked out grill was an easy and gratifying project. I really made the rig look different.

Nice rig man!!:beer:

is this the Captians rig? :D

Yep, that be it! Needs a nice bumper and some sliders. He may wheel it on a dirt road then.... :D

Ex

That is a beautiful truck!!

The only thing I would suggest, unless you have already tackled this yourself, is the maintenance stuff in terms of a cooling system flush, lube changes and maybe even a front axle rebuild if necessary.

Again, beautiful rig.

That is the only other truck I have seen with my same paint job as well (dealer option on mine)! Kinda bummed though... went wheel'n and pinstriped the hell out of it with bracnhes a few weeks ago. :(

Oxidizing (sp?) = no real buffing power (from what I am told)

Looks nice!! Will be cool to see the final pics!

Thanks for the suggestion on the maint. stuff. I've gone through everything and changed all fluids and just got done with the front axle.

The original paint scheme was gray and green inlay. I was told that was a dealer paint job out in Cali.

When I got the truck all the lower panels and frame had sand in them. So it spent a lot of time in the sand somewhere. It had a bubble of rust on the driver side rear fender (usual spot) so I cut it out and fabricated and welded in new metal. No other rust.....that I could find....all and all I love this truck and will be putting another 100k on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom